Saturday, December 26, 2009

Our Christmas Break Thus Far...

The nice thing about being in college is you get a stinkin' long break during christmas. This year our break is a week longer! We got done with our finals on the 8th and we don't start back up until January 11th. :)

So far we....
* Hung out for the LAST :'( time (in Logan) with our best friends. They will be moving to Draper and leaving us behind...





* Went to the SLC temple for our friend, Brian's, wedding.

* Had a {Western Night} and watched the NFR. (One night a year is enough for my hubby to pretend he's a cowboy!)




*Went to the 36th(?) annual Kay Family Christmas party. Nixon wasn't even scared of Santa...maybe just a little tense. It's expected.






*We had a coloring contest. Can you guess the winner? LUKE. Of course.



* My baby is still not crawling. Am I worried? I was, now...I'm taking everyone's advice and figuring the longer it takes the better. I won't have to chase the little buckaroo around everywhere! But, we still TRY to help him with tummy time. He cries and cries. But now he tries to hint to us he'll do it on his own time by just laying his head down and not making ANY effort. What a kid!

Wow, he's up on his hands...WITH A SMILE!



* We went to visit Tyler and Karlee and stayed at their house again. We always have SO much fun. We stayed up till three playing settlers, Conner and I still hadn't won!




*We went to the {JUAB} basketball game. Nixon really enjoyed it, especially when my cousin Tevan caught a ball for him! Tevan know claims the title of BEST cousin. :)




*We took my nephews and niece Christmas shopping to buy gifts for their mommy and daddy. We had to make a stop at Carl's Jr so they could play in the playland.



* Tanner had a birthday! He is FOUR! Kaydee had a party for him the day before. Nixon liked playing with Ellie's stoller. Then Ellie attacked. Or was it a hug? We'll say it was a hug!





*I had one of those priceless moments....I got to rock Nixon to sleep. This was my FIRST time. He's not a cuddler and when you hold him he doesn't just relax. He HAS to be moving. Therefore, because I got to do this I was a VERY VERY happy mommy!



*I had a party! It turned out a lot better than I had imagined. It was so good to see all of my friends from HS. It had been a very long time. We played games, ate yummy food, talked, and laughed {ALOT}.




*** And then came CHRISTMAS EVE! We had a busy day planned. First it started off with breakfast at Aunt RaNaes. We had breakfast with my mom's dad, Grandpa Kay. A little after that we went to the cemetary to visit Grandpa Keith (My mom's stepdad). He died a couple of years ago and his birthday is on Christmas Eve. THEN, we went out to Grandma Reds (my mom's mom) to have our traditional christmas eve night. This consists of dinner, the guys watching football (grr..), exchanging ornaments with the cousins, and getting pajamas from Grandma.

Every year the cousins exchange christmas ornaments. The ornaments usually have something to do with what went on that year for that specific cousin. My aunt Angie knows a girl who has been making them the last few years, this way we can get really specific!




Kayden: him on the computer
Austin: graduation 2010
Shaylee: golf
Jamileh: Graduation 2010
Alex: bike crash. :(
Brayden: Indiana Jones
Shayda: University of Utah
Tevan: his Pinto he got from my grandpa to fix up
Keaton: a cat...long and weird story...
Jayden: Toothless on his fourwheeler. (He had a big wreck and lost his teeth)
Nixon: Baby's first Christmas in his BLUE blankie
Talysha: SUU student
Kameron: Soccer player
Trevan: Soccer player
Tanners( not shown): is him holding his two imaginary friends little friend and little Kameron (SO CUTE!)
Ellie (Not shown): her with her cute pig tails in jammies
Some of the other ornaments were not made by this girl, I don't have a picture of them but they were cute as well!

***Christmas Day!!!
Conner and I had fun our first year being HoHo! I was so excited I had a hard time going to sleep! This was our little set up.


We woke up at 8:00 and had our little families Christmas (Nixon, myself, and Conner). My parents were good sports to sit through the 1 1/2 hours of it. Conners parents sent us a couple packages from Seattle which was super nice of them. They really did spoil us!





After {Our} Christmas, we went over to my grandma and grandpa morgan. (Most know them as Pooper and Papa, that is ALOT more normal for me). We had breakfast and had our Christmas there with my dad's side of the family. Sadly, I didn't take many pictures there...but we had a good time!


We came back to my parents and had a short time to relax until we had our THIRD christmas with all of my family. This year we did it differently by having it later in the evening. We really liked it this way because it spread the day out rather than rushing so much. My parents spoiled Nixon with more toys and clothes. After the kids opened their presents it was time for us to open. (Us as in Kaydee, Karson, myself and our spouses)


This year my mom was pretty creative. It started with a poem my mom wrote that told us we had clues to follow (she kinda tried to do her own little amazing race kind of thing) Our first clue was in our stockings. We all went through our stockings quickly trying to find the clue. We ALL missed it. The clue was the color of our wrapping paper! we then had to go over to the tree and grab all of the presents that were in that same wrapping paper. Once we did that we had to organize the boxes in the right order. Then, we had to open each gift and find a letter hidden in each one. Some of the letters were pretty tricky! After we got all of our letters we had to fill our a paper, and try to unscramble the letters to make the right word. Once we filled out the paper correctly and figured out the word than she gave us each some nice backpacks or fanny packs! haha they were styling! (they were more of a joke!) Once we all got to that point then we opened up our bags to find out main present....We each got something that goes towards our trip to Hawaii. My mom is always so great at doing our gifts in fun ways like that! I hope I can be that way when I have more kids. It was an awesome Christmas!









Thanks Mom, Dad, Rick, Micci, Pooper, Papa, Grandma Red, Conner and everyone else for our great gifts!


We ended the night playing games with Karson, Linzy, Mom, Conner, and myself...(Thanks again Tyler and Karlee for letting us borrow settlers...we've played it ALOT!)




{The best news of the night...}

My parents got the best gift of the night...They were given a present with two items in it.
These were the items...


We were all so excited that everyone was in tears! We couldn't be more happier for these two. I know they will be amazing parents! I can't wait to meet my little Niece or Nephew!!!


My Favorite Picture....
You had to be there, but when he woke up and I took the carseat cover off this is what we found. He stayed like this with a straight face for a good 3 minutes. Everyone got a good laugh!


Merry Christmas everyone! Love you all!

3 comments:

Connie said...

I'm commenting, just to make you feel good!

kars and linz said...

ky your so cute!! except i do look pretty dang hott in that picture.... not!!! thanks for being such an amazing sister in law. i have had so much fun hanging out with you this break!

Cravings said...

Wow, love your posts! Looks like you had a great Christmas! Tell Karson Congrats thats awesome! You guys have such a great family! And I LOVE SETTLERS!!! My absolute favorite game in the whole world and not to be cocky (LOL) but I win a lot!!! Maybe that's why I love it so much!!! My hubby Dave hates it but has never won in his life. I would love to play with 5 strangers and play mean and not care about anyone's feeling. Wouldn't that change the whole game hee! hee! hee!

p.s. you look so beautiful!!!