Wednesday, October 13, 2010

October Events Thus Far...

*New Bishop*
We recently just had a new Bishop called to our ward who we think is the coolest person! He and his wife invited to ward over for dinner and 'fun'. It was such a great environment. We love our ward and we love our new bishop!!


  *RS Conference*
My sister and mom were able to come with me to the Relief Society General Conference meeting a little while back. It was so fun to spend time together with just us (but we missed my sister-in-law Linz!) I LOVE the spirit that is always SO strong when you are in the conference center, and especially when you are in the same building as the prophet. One of my favorite moments was the closing him, "The Spirit of God". I am not a singer AT ALL. But the chills that filled my body and the amazing feeling that I felt was so incredible and reassuring. I don't think there was a dry eye in the entire conference center. 

*Cookie Cutters*
Nixon was in NEED of a haircut. But not DESPERATE need. At least I personally don't think so. But his mullet was just getting a bit too mullety and snarly. I was not ready to cut it totally so I settled for just a trim. Anyways, this was our first experience at cookie cutters and let me tell you I will NEVER not to EVER go anywhere else. Every hair cutting experience we have had with our little guy has been complete torture. If someone walked into a salon and heard his scream you would think he just got circumcised. He hardly even cried, except when we had to leave. It was a miracle. LOVE LOVE LOVE that place.




*Nixon*
Nixon sure is quite the character lately. He has a mind of his own. He knows exactly what he wants and how he wants it. For instance, he want a drink so he pulled me over to the fridge. From a bottle of OJ, apple juice, milk, and V8 juice he was sure he wanted V8 juice. I poured a small amount into his sippy and gave it to him. He pushed it back saying, "no, no, MOOOOORE" I filled up the sippy cup to the top and handed it to him. He said thank you and walked off. His new thing is always saying no as clear as day when he doesn't want to do something or go somewhere. He also has a temper which I am not loving. But the good news is that I am still so incredibly in love with him and I assure you nothing could change that. He is such a cutie and a turd at the same time. He makes me laugh everyday.






*My new found love*
One great thing about Logan is that there are several parks all over town.   They are all your typical parks. Well, my neighbor told me about a park up by the temple, so we decided to check it out. I dare say that this just may be the best and coolest park in all the land. I'm not sure I will take Nixon to a different park because of how much I loved this place. The good news is that Nixon loved it too! One of the thousand cool features is there is a section just for tots (2-5). That's pretty neat...right? Please just be excited with me. Thanks.
now for my mother-load of pictures....

















That's all for now folks!

 

3 comments:

Anna Lee said...

Finally your back on the blog. What a fun park. Nixon looks so cute getting his hair cut.

Karleen said...

Sounds like you guys are in a great ward. There are so many young couples. That would be so fun. No wonder you have replaced us so easily.Ha Ha

Eric and Shayly said...

He is so stinkin cute!!