Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Playin' Dirty!

A month or so ago my brother asked Conner and I to sign up for the Dirty Dash. I had never heard of it but after looking at the website I thought it looked pretty darn cool, but NOT for me! I signed Conner up and we were looking forward to the race day. For those of you who don't know what the Dirty Dash is, it is a 5k race at Soldier Hollow in Midway, Utah. Not only is it just a 5k race, but it is also a MUD obstacle course! Your are literally running up BIG hills, through mud, climbing over walls, crawling under tunnels, sliding down muddy hills, all in 3 miles! I like to run, but never cared about the mud part. To make a long story short, Conner got scheduled to work at the bank and couldn't get work off. Instead of being out the 50 dollars I decided to take his spot. I am SOOOOOO glad that I did!!! I had a blast running with my brother and doing something that I never ever thought I'd do! I had to let loose and let the mud get me (while trying to keep it away from my face and hair as much as possible ;D ) Anyways, it was such a fun day and I am actually very glad that I did it and look forward to doing it again! Thanks brother! :)

Pre-race:
 Our support group....





 READY TO GO!!!
Half way there...My mom got the kids a bucket of water balloons to throw at us. Those stinkers!










1 comment:

Stefanie D. said...

My boss did the dirty dash this year and LOVED it. It looks like so much fun! I think I'm going to have to do it next year! :)