Thursday, September 15, 2011

A WIN WIN SITUATION!

With my last semester beginning, the homework always falls right behind. Sometimes it gets a little hard to fit in everything I need  (or want) to do as far as homework, blogging, catching up on my dirty Real Housewives shows, etc. So, an awesome solution for me to get my homework in is sitting outside in the morning while Nixon plays away. In the house, Nixon still won't play on his own. I have to be by his side every sparing second of his life. If he wants to play cars, guess who has to play with him? He has to help me with anything and everything I do, he has to always have me in his sight or he will flip, AND he even has to flush my toilet after I use it...if I do it be prepared for a royal meltdown! So, when I discovered that I could sit outside for an hour sometimes longer and get my homework done was one of the greatest discoveries I have made yet! We get a perfect amount of shade in the morning, and Nixon keeps busy riding his bike or playing in the dirt. I may or may not look a little white trash sitting on my porch in my camping chair. BUT don't worry...I don't leave it out there as my pretty porch furniture...no no no! The one bad thing that came about this is that our lovely neighbors from China have a boy Nixon's age. When they first saw us out there they were out in a split second! It was good for Nixon to have someone to play with, but it didn't help me get my homework done when the mom and mother-in-law camped out beside me. When the boys were done playing the mom said, "We see you tomorrow?" So...the rest of that first week they came out without fail. I know this sounds mean, but now I have to pick wisely when we go outside, otherwise I can't get any reading done which is kinda important for me! (Am I rude?!) Being outside always just makes me SO excited to have my own fenced in yard someday. I LOVE going to my parents house and letting Nixon go outside whenever he pleases without me having to watch him. Someday...until then, this will do perfectly fine!





No comments: