Monday, October 31, 2011

SICK!

Last Monday night while I was cooking dinner Nixon laid on the couch acting pretty whiny. We had just gotten back from doing a little shopping and he seemed totally fine. I went over to the couch to check him out and he was BURNING! I took his temperature and he was 104. He just looked miserable! I was totally shocked how fast it came on. He just wanted me to hold him, so that is what I did while I was eating dinner. He acted like he wasn't even there, and he kept doing random shakes which I thought was kinda scary! I later realized he was having fever seizures which are just muscle spasms because he got such a high fever so quickly. the next day we laid on the couch pretty much the entire day. He kept saying he wanted to play with his toys, so he would get off the couch and just hit the ground and lay there with his blanket. He had ZERO energy! He then started breaking out in a rash that night and it got worse the next couple of days. He is feeling better but still his his rashes. He saw two different doctors and one said he had Roseola, and the other said Hand Foot and Mouth disease with his bad rashes being impetigo secondary from the HFMD. Whatever it is, either way he's not a healthy little guy! We've been cooped up away from other kiddos because he is contagious for a while. Hopefully soon all his 'spots' will get better and go away! Right now they are blistery on his hands and feet and he says they hurt. :( Poor little guy! And all in the mix he has yucky crusty eyes and a hoarse voice. That kid just needs a break from being sick I'd have to say!! (However, his hoarse voice is pretty darn cute!) That's the fun we are dealing with at our house!!

No comments: