Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Timp Half Marathon

I needed some motivation to get back into running, so since I knew I was going to be in Utah I signed up for the Mt. Timpanogos Half Marathon. I didn't want to do it alone so I signed my mom up with me! It ended up being a really great race and I was so glad I got to do it with my momma! Our/my goal was to finish no more than 2 hours. Secretly I wanted to beat my mom too... I felt good running wise, but right from the first couple of miles both of my knees really started giving me issues as well as my achilles. I want to figure out running to where it does NOT hurt me everytime!! Still not there yet. I ran with my mom the whole time but around mile 11 or 12 I told her I was starting to feel weak. I slowed down a little but tried to keep her in my sight. We finished at a time I was very pleased with. My mom finished at 1:56:13 and I finished at 1:56:25. I was bummed that I didn't finish with her (or ahead of her! haha) but at least I was close, and still finished! I was in some serious pain and could barely walk to the car after it was over! Let's just say I was in quite a bit of pain the rest of the day, but at the same time I was so happy to have finished the race (even if I didn't accomplish my goal of beating my mom!)

No comments: