Saturday, December 6, 2008

It's Time To Talk About It!

I have been debating for awhile when I can start talking about the biggest thing that's going on in our life. I have felt like since it wasn't done the right way that I can't really talk about it and I need to try to "hide" it as much as possible. I was thinking the other day how ridiculous it is to hide something that is so incredible!! Another reason why I haven't felt comfortable talking about it is because of the fear of what others will think of me or even think that Conner and I HAD to be married rather than the truth which is we were going to be married, but it came a few months quicker than originally planned!! We all know that even though we're not suppose to judge, everyone does it!! Throughout this whole process I have been told to just not care what others think...and that has been a really hard thing for me to do! But lately I have really realized that if people choose to judge us and think we are some horrible people then that really is their own problem right?? :) Sorry if that sounds a bit harsh...I know that the people who really love and care about us and know our intentions are all really excited and happy for us!
So anyways...I'm sure almost everyone by now knows exactly what I'm talking about, but if not, Conner and I are going to have a baby!!! The thought of that still doesn't seem exactly right, but the bigger and bigger I get the more I realize it really is happening!! Even though things didn't really go as expected, Conner and I are both so excited to have our little baby and right now we wouldn't want things any other way! We are also very anxious for the day that we will be able to be sealed together and to our baby!! That is one of the biggest days we've got to look forward too!
I am 24 weeks today and it seems like I just get bigger each day :(. (There really is NO way to hide a pregnancy in my opinion!!) I have tried to teach my dear husband that the words FAT and Chubby just aren't very appropriate during this special time!! haha it was kinda hard for him to understand given the fact that all he really was meaning was that my belly is surly growing!! But I think he knows now after having me flip out a few times that he is just better of saying things like "your stomach is getting bigger" rather than "Come here my fat little princess!" haha oh I love that kid!! We found out a while ago that we are having a baby boy, and I have never seen Conner so excited then the day we found out! There are two things I'm most excited for and that is of course to meet my little baby, and also to see Conner with him!! I know he is going to be so an amazing daddy and I can't wait to see their little father-son bond!!
I'm pretty sure this is probably the most I have ever talked about it, and it still just seems so unreal! I feel way to young to be having a baby, but when we look at age I'm almost right with the Utah trend! At least I'm following in my sisters footsteps...age wise!!
Well there you have it...The biggest & happiest news in the Edwards' home is officially spoken about!

14 comments:

Natalie Park said...

Hey Kylee! I know I am probably not one of your best friends or someone you really care about on a daily basis but I just wanted to tell you that everything will work out in the end. I just wanted you to know that we all have trials in our life (myself included) and don't let anyone bother you about things. I know it can be hard to think of what others might think of you but everyone has their own mistakes and it is nobody's place to judge you or bring you down. I am excited for the both of you and I wish you the best of luck! A lot of people thought Colby and I were too young to have a child after only being married over a year, but it has honestly been the greatest blessing in our life. You will honestly never be happier and someday when you are sealed together you will realize that everything works out.

Annette's Best Kept Secrets said...

Hi Kylee! Congratulations that is so amazing. A little boy! they are so much fun. You are right there with Amy she is about that far along as well. I'm excited for you guys. Baby's are a wonderful blessing. We love are little blessings I think?? Hehe!!

jenny said...

Kylee we are so excited for you and Conner to have cute baby Nixon. And we are so excited to come to the sealing of your cute family in a year:) You guys are awesome!

KK and Company said...

I'm proud of you and can't wait to see your little boy! I love ya girly...

matesen said...

Kylee I am so excited for you two! It is so much fun having a new baby, and your baby is so lucky that he belongs to two such wonderful people! He will be so loved, lucky little guy!

Kam and Jodie said...

Kylee! You hit the hammer right on the nail, who cares what people think! Everything happens for a reason. So strut your sexy pregnant belly girlfriend and strut it proud!! :) p.s. congrats!

McKel said...

Kylee
I am so excited for you and your going to be a great mom and no matter what they are going to come one way or another. So just enjoy it because who cares what other people think! You not the first it has ever happened too. McKel

Jennifer said...

Kylee, I'm so excited for you!! This is Jennifer by the way, A boy! What are you going to name him? I don't think this is something you should hide or be worried that people are judging you about, if anyone thinks differently about you then they weren't worth knowing to begin with! That's just my opinion! Congrats again!!!

Vance Family of 5 said...

Congrats Ky! Everything happens for a reason and I know you are going to be an incredible mom. Good luck with it all :)

..Amber.. said...

Kylee! That is Awesome! You will love having a cute little boy, they are so so much fun! Congrats! I bet your so cute pregnant! :)

Kelsi said...

KYLEE.. You know how excited I am for the Baby to come! I was SOOOOO excited to see you the other day.. you look so cute with the belly!! :)Come visit me soon! Love and Miss ya Ky!

kaciecooper said...

Hello, just happened to stumble upon your blog. I'm a 21 year old mother of two. The father and I aren't married, and yes i'm sure there are tons and tons of people out there who judge and think we're so horrible. But we're not. There is nothing "Horrible" about having a baby. They are such miracles and so much fun. So you enjoy being pregnant, and enjoy that baby when he gets here! Nothing can compare to being a parent. its amazing.
Best of luck to you :)

Markell said...

Hey Girl. I haven't seen you in forever, carly told me you were geting married( isn't it so fun!)Congrats. And who freaken cares what people think, john and I didn't get married in the temple( his dad is in the stake presidency, and mom is releif society pres) and I was quite sure his whole fam was doing a count down to see when a baby was coming. But we proved them wrong, and now we have our little family and are sealed. ALL in the RIGHT time for US! Good luck with the rest of being prego(it's not the funnest, and doesn't get a lot better hee hee). Check out my blog!
johnandmarkell.blogspot.com

Tannar and Maggie Rehrer said...

Hi guys! Your blog is so cute! Anyway.. We know all too well about the whole early baby thing... It is kind of a struggle at first with the whole telling the families, wondering what everyone is saying about you and lets not even talk about the hormones! But it will be the most amazing thing in the world when its all said and done. Getting Ryker here was dramatic and traumatizing, to say the least, but I wouldn't change one thing about it! He was worth what we went through and a millions times more! We're so happy for you and can't wait to see the little guy! Congrats! Love you all! Tannar, Maggie, Ryker and Madax