Sunday, December 21, 2008

Oh The Weather Outside Is FRIGHTFUL!

I have never been a huge fan of the snow, so one thing I was looking forward to about being in Seattle for December was NO snow! I think that my thinking that way is what made the snow follow me to Washington this year! Since we have gotten to Seattle there has been a few snow storms and very cold weather which is very odd for Seattle. Conner's little sister had school canceled for the week and church has even been canceled two weeks in a row. I'm making it sound like there is tons of snow here, but really if this was Utah it would be no big deal! People here are just not use to snow or driving on bad roads, and so even if there is 2 inches the city shuts down!! However, there was a big snow storm last night which brought us about 6-8 inches! That is a lot for Seattle!! The difference between Conner and I is that I grew up with the snow every winter, so for me when it snows it is no big deal and I would really rather be in the warm house being nice and cozy! Conner feels that since snow is so rare here in Seattle, we need to be out in it every second! He has loved driving in it, going on walks, and snowboarding down the driveway. To him this is heaven!! He's a funny kid, I just have to humor him and let him enjoy his snow!! :) However, today as I was watching Conner through the window, I just couldn't resist anymore! I decided to buck up, and head out in the cold to play with my hubby! When I brought up the idea of building a snowman I thought he would laugh, but I had no idea he would get so into it!! The snowman still needs a face, but it got dark so we decided to finish the little guy tomorrow. I love how Conner tries to make each moment so fun for us. He really is such a fun person and I'm so incredibly lucky to be married to him!





I have really enjoyed being here so far! We have done a lot of relaxing which has been a good break! Conner's family is all so sweet and really make me feel so loved. It still hasn't quite hit me that they are my in-laws who I will be spending the rest of my life with, but when I do really think about it, it makes me so excited! I don't know how I managed to marry such an awesome guy who has such an amazing family! I really hit a jack-pot! I miss my family very very much and it is sad I won't be with them during Christmas, but I know this is a part of being married! Well...I'll try to keep you updated on the rest of our activities, until then I love you all and hope you're having a great Christmas!!

7 comments:

lynnett said...

Kylee,,,we just enjoyed your snowman and snowboarding...Have a wonderful holiday...Lynnett,Colin, and Spencer. HO HO HO MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!

emily said...

see you guys in a few days... hope the snow doesn't stop us from coming, but is still around enough to enjoy it!

jenny said...

Kylee! We miss you :( We really need to meet in SLC or come see you guys. How are things in Logan ?!

Tyrell and Amanda said...

Hi Kylee, Its Amanda, Tyrell's wife. How are you doing??

The Wright's said...

Kylee!! I really didn't even know you were PREGNANT!! That is great! Being a mom is the best thing EVER!! It gets a little chaotic at times...but it is great! Congrats on the marriage and everything! Conner seems like such a good guy! Hopefully we see you soon in good old Nephi!

Malaree said...

Ky, Buddy, what happened to you? How are you feeling??

Annette's Best Kept Secrets said...

Time for a new post.
You'll be so excited I tagged you!