Friday, December 5, 2008

The Joy of Finals! (24 hr computer lab!)

Since Conner and I first started dating I tried introducing him to a new way of studying and getting school work done...that great way is simply just the opposite of procrastination. I don't know why it took this long but it finally kicked in for my wonderful boy!! I'm so glad that the computer lab is open 24 hours this week! They really put my sleep into consideration! So, everyday this week we have spent each night on campus while he has been working on assignments that aren't due until FRIDAY!! He started three days ago rather than doing it all last minute Friday night!!! What a kid!!
He got off work early at 8:30 and my first mistake was thinking that it was so he can come home and spend the night cuddling on the couch watching movies! I was wrong! He clearly had strong intentions to continue is routine of going to the lab so he could work more on his project (I really don't know what has gotten into him!)
We ate dinner and headed to the lab around 10:30. I was apparently wrong again when I thought he was joking when he said we'd be here for "four or five hours". He gave me the choice to come join him or else stay home. I really only thought we'd be here for an hour at the most so of course I chose to go with him! (Plus its scary being home alone at night!) He filled a grocery bag up with all the food in our cupboards and out the door we went.
It has been three hours since our arrival and each time I ask if he is almost done he laughs and says, "I'm not even close!" So I decided to wad up our coats and make a little bed under his feet for myself. As I was laying there trying to go to sleep I thought...this is kind of a silly thing! So I decided to make a post! I'm sorry I don't have my camera with me, it would be a great sight to see our private kitchen back here in the corner with legs stickin out from under Conner's desk! I hope people don't get the wrong idea of what is going on under there! I'm just trying to sleep...HONEST! :)
Since according to Conner we still have a couple more hours left here at the lab, I'm going to head back down to my little nook, eat an apple...possibly more, and try to get a couple hours of sleep! Oh how I can't wait for finals to be over!! Only 2 more years following this!! Yahoo! :S

1 comment:

emily said...

enjoy these years.... they are gone too quickly. some of the best times in life- newlyweds, trying to work and go to school and still hang out. glad to see you make it fun.