Thursday, April 2, 2009

A new beginning at the Edwards' home!

Well, my sweet baby, Nixon, is now five days old! It is funny because it sure seems like he's been around a lot longer than that! We have enjoyed him SO much!! He definitely loves his sleep, so we don't get to see very much of the little guy in action. He hasn't learned how to talk or crawl yet so I can't bring in any exciting news of that sort. But, he has won the quiet game since he was born, he is a master at lying still and not saying a word! ;)
I love Nixon SO much and everytime I look at him it still is hard for me to believe he is MY baby boy!! I am extremely lucky that the Lord blessed me with such an amazing and healthy little boy. We have learned a lot from him over the past five days, he REALLY makes us anxious to all be sealed together as a family. I can not wait for that day to come!
My mom has been staying with us since he was born, and she is sneaking out sometime Saturday. Ever since I came home from the hospital I have been dreading to have Saturday come! I only have one more whole day with her here! She thought that I would get sick of it, but I am honestly ready for her to sign a yearly contract or put chains on her so she can't leave! I have LOVED having her here. She has done a lot of cleaning, cooking, and taking care of Nixon. Even though I have really really enjoyed those things, most of all I have just really enjoyed having her here with me. It is such a comfort to have her here. :( I don't want her to leave!! I guess I really have to grow up sometime now, so wish me luck!! Luckily, Conner's mom is going to come stay for a few days when my mom leaves. We are excited to have her come and to get to know our little guy better!
Now that I have talked about one of my boys, I better speak of the other in order to keep things fair around here ;)...Conner has been such an awesome little daddy! I have been SO stinkin impressed with him. He loves his baby so much and it really shows! At first I thought he might have went blind because when he comes home from work he now seems to walk by, I thought for sure he just couldn't see me! haha So now instead of him coming home from work and wanting to see me, he walks through the door with a HUGE smile on his face and goes right to Nixon. I don't blame him in the least bit! I would go nuts if I was away from the little man for eight hours as well! He told me he knew he would love our baby, but he didn't think it would be this way. I'm so lucky to have such a great husband who is an amazing daddy. What more could I ask for?
I LOVE MY LITTLE FAMILY!!!

Grandma Edwards & Aunt Lauren-
Grandma-

Going home-


Nixon's Cousins-


6 comments:

A bit about our little family... said...

Kylee,
I want you to know that I have truly enjoyed being here with you guys for the week. I'll admit that I was worried that I'd wear out my welcome within the first day or two but you have really made me feel wanted and needed. It's been fun! I'll admit I stress about leaving too, not because I don't think you can handle it, because I know you can. I guess I just worry that you'll doubt yourself. Remember it all just comes natural, and you don't need to know how to be a perfect mom right off the bat. I just figured out how to be a perfect mom last week. Ha ha! I love you guys so much! I know that you'll make great parents to that precious little guy and the precious little ones to follow down the road. Love, Mom

jcook said...

Ky! He is so adorable, and I am sure you guys are great parents! I can't wait to meet him!

Kam and Jodie said...

Kylee,
He is just perfect...You have such a cute little family.

KK and Company said...

How fun! Man he is a beautiful baby. He really is... You guys did really good!!!! I'm proud of you Ky. Love ya...

Connie said...

Kylee,
I want you to know that I have truly enjoyed being here with you guys for the week. I'll admit that I was worried that I'd wear out my welcome within the first day or two but you have really made me feel wanted and needed. It's been fun! I'll admit I stress about leaving too, not because I don't think you can handle it, because I know you can. I guess I just worry that you'll doubt yourself. Remember it all just comes natural, and you don't need to know how to be a perfect mom right off the bat. I just figured out how to be a perfect mom last week. Ha ha! I love you guys so much! I know that you'll make great parents to that precious little guy and the precious little ones to follow down the road. Love, Mom

Karleen said...

I love the pictures. He is such a cute little guy. I can't wait to hold him.