Sunday, March 29, 2009

I did it!!! He did it!!! WE did it!!! :)

If you read my mom's previous text, you heard the news!!! The baby has arrived!!
Let me first say, I enjoyed reading all the suggestions on how to start labor. I would like to know suggest to all of you how it worked for me. This is how it went, stripped membrane, jog down the street, take kids on walk at work, go to gym and do the elliptical, walk along the curb with on foot up, do "the deed", followed by something else that goes along with, "the deed". (Sorry, I get accused of having NO filter!) So anyways, when most of you suggested that nothing works...maybe you should try my routine in that particular order! ;) Actually, I have come to the conclusion that EVERYONE is different, it doesn't matter what worked on who. AND I also think that at most times when people think certain techniques work...it is just coincidence it happened the same time they went into labor!
NOW FOR THE EXCITING PART!!! Nixon Conner Edwards is here, and man do we LOVE that little man! Our baby is SO sweet and more perfect than we could have ever imagined. We are extremely blessed to have such a healthy baby, and I pray that the good health continues in his life.
Right when the little guy came out of the "tunnel" they put him on my belly to dry him off and get a good look at him. I couldn't believe how awesome it was to see MY baby! (Well, OUR (Conner and myself) baby!!!) It is such a miracle to deliver a baby! As much as it may stink here and there...girls really are so lucky to be able to perform such an incredible thing.
I told people that not only was I very excited to see our baby, I was also excited to see Conner with our baby. Ever since I first became pregnant I knew Conner was excited, but he didn't feel that automatic connection to the baby like i did. So I COULD NOT wait to have Conner first see our baby and to see the connection/bond that followed. Boy did I love it!! I watched Conner standing over the baby right when he was born and being cleaned by the nurse. He was just in tears, which put me into more tears. Conner has also mentioned how crazy it is to feel so attached to a little baby that you just first see. He is SO gosh darn cute with our baby. He has never been around a newborn, so I was a lot concerned at how things would go. Conner is a natural! He knows how to do everything at this point, besides nurse! Oh, and he hasn't yet changed a diaper, but he knows that is coming soon! Anyways, I just am so lucky to have such a wonderful husband who I know is going to be the best daddy in the world!! Although I did over hear him telling our baby last night that if his mommy ever puts him in time out, to just RUN! We may have a few issues...
Back to the baby, He was born at 6:13. He weighed 7 pounds and 4 ounces, and was 20 1/2 inches tall. He has been such a great baby (knock on wood). We can hear the babies next door screaming quite a bit, but our little guy just has a cute little whimper which he very rarely does. He has been so fun so far, just to hold and stare at him make me SO HAPPY!!! I still can not believe that he is my little boy!
We've got one more day in the hospital, and then it is home we go! I was hoping to be sent home today, but my mom assured me that it is a good thing we are still here. I now agree. It is nice to take advantage of the service! I guess my poor mom will have a lot to live up to once we go home! My mom has been an awesome help so far though. I am so glad she is here with me and is going to stay for a few months. (Right mom!? haha!) My sister also came up with my mom Friday night and she has been awesome too! She was my own personal little nurse and helped me with everything. I was nervous about having to be so exposed to everyone, but sadly that has changed. My mom was right...once you are here you just don't care!
Well, I will post some pictures of our gorgeous little baby. We love him oh so much and are very very excited he is finally here with us! It is going to be an awesome journey from here on out! I love you little man!!!

22 comments:

Lori said...

Congrats Kylee & Connor! He is a beautiful baby! It was fun to read your blog. You crack me up! I can't wait to see and hold him
Lori

Lacy said...

Kylee congrats on your baby boy. He is beautiful!

jcook said...

Congrats ky! He is so beautiful! You guys are such a cute little family :)

Malaree said...

KY! He is GORGEOUS! You two made a beautiful baby :) I am glad that everything went well and I am so glad little Nixon is here!

Sue Ann said...

Congratulations you guys! He is sooooo sweet. I am so excited for you! Can't wait to see him in person!
Love Sue Ann

Kelsi said...

Nixon is SO CUTE ky.. Can't wait to hold the little guy!! :]

Jennifer said...

Congrats He is Beautiful!!! and I love the Name!!!!

The Frampton's said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! What a handsome baby boy!!!

Kam and Jodie said...

Congrats you two! He is adorable! What a cute little family.

Tannar and Maggie Rehrer said...

Congratulations! He's beautiful!!! Good work guys you make some cute babies! He is so stinking cute! Can't wait to see him!

The Ahlins said...

OH he is so cute!! congrats kylee!

Keisha said...

You did it-He's so cute!I'm so excited for you and conner!!!

matesen said...

Congrats Kylee! He is such a beautiful little baby! I hope that you are feeling wonderfully!

McKel said...

Kylee
He is so cute, I love his name. Way to go. Congrats. McKel

Karleen said...

Congrats he is so dang cute. That is cool you had him on Boston's birthday. We can't wait to see the little guy and hold him.

jenny said...

Oh Kylee! He is DARLING! We are trying to plan a day to come up and visit you and meet little Nixon. We love you guys! You're the cutest mom and dad:)

Unknown said...

He is so beautiful, you guys do good work!

Alisha said...

congrats! He is so cute.

Tyrell and Amanda said...

He is so cute!! We are so excited for you guys!! You will have to call us when you come down so we can come see Nixon!! He is so cute!! Congrats!! I can't believe you are a mommy!! Now you will have to help me work on Tyrell with that one!! You did good about getting married maybe we can do it again!! Congrats again!!

Annie Nielson said...

Hey Kylee--congrats on your little guy. He is so cute. I love reading your blog. It cracks me up most of the time. I look forward to seeing more pics of cute little Nixon and your family. Take time to hold and rock Nixon--they grow up way fast and soon they won't let you cuddle them.

Congrats again.

Annie Nielson

The Dyreng's said...

I am so excited for you guys he is so cute!!! Can't wait to see him in person.

Annette's Best Kept Secrets said...

CONGRATS!! Nothing is better than holding that little one for the first time!! He is so cute. Good job guys you did awesome!!