Thursday, September 3, 2009

Have You Ever...

Gen-ius (Nixon)
a person having an extrodinarly high intelligence rating on a psychological test, as an IQ about 140.

Have you ever known for a FACT that your baby must be a genius? This past week I have been talking a lot with my little boy and he has had is mommy convinced that he is indeed a genius. For example, we were sitting on the couch talking to each other and I started sticking out my tongue while blabbin away. (Hopefully you have the right image in your head) Anyways...I was caught by suprise when I noticed my baby doing the exact same thing I was!!! I was lovin it! He was so cute copying his mama!! I have been working on the little babble/motor boat/vibrate your lips thing (Don't know the actual name) and bless his little heart he is trying SO hard to do it. He doesn't have it exact but he is pretty darn close. So once again, there is my second reason for claiming my baby as a genius. By this point I'm about ready to call up the Guinness Book of World Record to report the newest edition Nixon Conner Edwards!!!
Right before I picked up the phone I started surfing the world wide web when I came across a Gerber website. This particular site told me all of sorts of things such as "Your Baby's Growth", "Exploring and Growth", and most importantly "This Month Your Baby May Be".....As I was going through the list I was checking off all of the things may baby has accomplished thus far in his life. Reaching accurately for an object-CHECK, roll from stomach to back- CHECK, hold head steady when sitting upright-CHECK, sit alone for a few minutes-CHECK (as of today!!! Yay Nixon!!) mimic sounds and gestures- CHECK. WAIT!! WHAT??? Mimic sounds and gestures? This must mean that my genius of a baby is doing something that is "normal" for 5 month old babies. Aww Shucks!
Even though Nixon may not be making the Guinness Book of World Record (not yet at least) I am still a VERY proud mommy and will always think my handsome little devil is a genius!
It is crazy to think of how much he has learned from when he was just a tiny little baby wrapped in swaddling clothes. Today I sat him on the grass thinking he'd just topple right to the side. Instead he just sat, and sat, and sat! Until he realized he was sitting on grass...which he didn't like very much. I am so excited with all of the fun changes our baby is making but it is a little sad due to the fact that he is growing so dang fast. I just need to remember to cherish EVERY moment and take lots of pictures!! (speaking of pictures I'll put some on my blog on Saturday)

4 comments:

lynnett said...

Nixon is a sweet little boy!! Share your pictures from your Seattle trip too!!

Karleen said...

enjoy every minute of it they grow up way too fast.

Annette's Best Kept Secrets said...

Nixon your to cute!! It's so fun to watch them getting bigger!! Hey I wanted to let you know I had to make my blog private if you want to e-mail me your e-mail address I will add you to my list. Thanks, Misty

Ryan and Ali said...

I don't know what that is like yet, but maybe soon!

Nixon is a little genius, I'll side with you on that one.