Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Lost My Wisdom Today...


So for a while now I have needed to go under the knife. I was planning on it last year, but then the shocking news of my baby boys arrival soon followed! So, today was the day.
For those of you who don't know, my father-in-law is a GREAT oral surgeon. Yesterday he had me get an x-ray and said we couldn't wait any longer. I was in this morning at 10 to get all four teeth pulled.
Boy was I nervous! Not about anything other than being put to sleep. It was my first time and I was so nervous I wouldn't come out of it. Well after the surgery was finished they had me sleep it off on a little bed. When the nurse came to say I could go home I was actually dissapointed. I really wanted to stay there for hours longer. It was nice to get some sleep!
From the memories I  have of others getting their wisdom teeth pulled I just think of big swollen cheeks, pain, and infection. Well, like I said my father-in-law is GREAT! Not just great, but AWESOME! I came home to take a couple hour nap (maybe longer) and I was ready to get going. We went to Red Robin and the mall. I still feel a LITTLE soreness but other than that I am totally fine! It is nice to finally have it done with!
Thank you Dr. Ricky! :)

4 comments:

Malaree said...

geez lucky! i had to be awake when i got mine pulled and it was awful. it was all i could do to not jump out of the chair and run lol. hope you get to eat your thanksgiving dinner!

Connie said...

Impressive! You're blessed to have Dr. Ricky as your father-in-law. I'm happy that you're feeling good, and that it's over and done. Happy Thanksgiving. We love you guys and are THANKFUL FOR YOU!!

A bit about our little family... said...

update:

Just complete my full course of Thanksgiving dinner! ;) It was delicious!

KK and Company said...

I can't believe you were up and at it right after surgery. I was in bed for 7 days!!! I have had my share of surgeries, and getting my wisdom teeth pulled was the WORST surgery I have EVER had. You are one lucky girl!!!