Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Here's Whats been goin' down!

A good family friend of the Edwards' family (Zeke's best friend) has started dating a very cute girl from Logan. The girl, Wendy, also happens to be Conner's *sorta* boss. See the connection? Anyways...Ted and Wendy invited us over for Pizza and to watch the olympics. We had a lot of fun with them and really appreciated the invite. Ted and Wendy played with Nixon all night. He was in heaven with all of the ball playing!


Our best friends, Ryan and Ali, who moved to Draper came to visit us!! We were all so excited. They showed up late Friday night. We had ice cream and played Settlers (twice). Then on Saturday morning we had breakfast, played Settlers AGAIN, went out to lunch, went bowling, ate at SPOON ME :), and watched a movie. Thank you so much for the visit! We love and miss you guys so much!!


We were planning on growing Nixon's hair out but it seems so thin and straight that it just didn't look all that good. So we decided to give it a chop. This was his second haircut but man did he HATE it. We only took one picture beacause the rest of the time we were literally holding his head and arms down. He was SCREAMING BLOODY MURDER! Oh it was sad. I felt bad for my poor boy, but how else are you suppose to do it? Suggestions? He made it through...painfully. When he was down he kept whimpering and seemed so sad. I was heart broken. He's a handsome boy though if that makes it any better?

Yesterday was my last day at my first block for practicum. I have been in the Kindergarten and will be going into the 2nd grade next week. I am going to miss them so much. It was really fun being in their class and I learned so a lot from Mrs. Allgood. I made them a thank you poster and gave them treats before I left. They showered me with things that they made too. :)

Wilbert made me a really sweet card. I tried to take a picture of it so you could read it. :D


Now about the most important one of all. NIXON!!!
Nixon is going to be 11 months old on Sunday. It blows my mind how fast life goes by. Nixon is a crawling machine now which is good and bad. He follows us around EVERYWHERE. If we open the cupboard it pulls his attention and he comes speeding over to find whatever he can. And yes he CAN open all our cupboards and lower drawers. Same goes with anything and everything. Today was my first time vacuuming with him awake since he has been crawling. It wasn't easy! He followed me around everywhere. I had to be careful not to suck up ten tiny fingers.
 
Last night I was in the bedroom getting ready for bed when I heard Nixon playing with paper. I popped my head out to find that the book I checked out from my professor was now in three pieces. Luckily I was able to find the book for 3 bucks on Amazon.

A few nights ago Nixon laid on my lap for a good 45 minutes watching tv. That is VERY impressive. He likes when I massage his feet so that is exactly what I did hoping this moment would keep on lasting. Even if I wanted to move to a different position because my body was falling asleep I didn't want to move at all thinking it would disturb what we had going! :) I love my boy!!

Nixon has been really good at pulling himself up to everything and walking along furniture. I know he can stand on his own if he tried but he is honestly scared! If we let go he starts crying. If we let go with one hand he cries until we grab his hand again. I didn't know kids could be scared this early...I guess he takes after his mama.
We love him so much and always want to eat him up! He always has such a big smile and is constantly happy. I couldn't ask for a better baby!!!

Ps. Mom, please notice that in all of those pictures you do not see ANY binkys. And no it is not because I pull them out before I take a picture. I am getting a lot better with it! :)

3 comments:

KK and Company said...

Fun post! Nixon is ADORABLE!! Love and miss you!

Malaree said...

he is such a cutie! kayson is going to have separation issues with the binky too! i am not look forward to that! hope you have fun on your trip!

preston. shawnee. cohen. said...

Kylee, you are so cute! You're going to make such a cute little teacher :) And that's so funny, that couple was in our ward before they moved. I don't think they were in the ward for very long, but she was a relief society teacher with me.
I wanted to comment on here forever ago and tell you that you were right that profile pic was taken while Cohen was watching "sing yourself silly" haha. Anyway, I still want to go to spoon me or work out if you want to! We got sick for a while, and we are going out of town AGAIN this weekend cause my sister in law had her baby today. But when would you guys want to get together?!