Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Our Up To's!

Well, here is another super LONG post to cover a months worth of activities! Apologies!!

A few weeks ago my parents FINALLY came to visit us! My dad had called to ask if we were going down there for the playoffs and I said how about it be YOUR turn to come here. I didn't think they would go for it but he said as long as we could watch football then it's on! I was super excited to have them here! So was Nixon...he LOVES he Grandma and Bampa. I took some pictures but it was only when my parents were getting ready to leave. I don't know what happened but I could only find one of those pictures...and I LOVE this picture!!!

For an FHE activity we went to the car show at the South Town Expo Center. That is right in Conners alley!
My favorite car was the big van in memory of my beloved Kate Gosslin!
I also thought it was quite hilarious how on the radio ad for this car show it mentioned, "Get your picture with your favorite celebrity cardboard cut out!" Really? No one was doing it, and I didn't want to make those poor people who were so excited about it feel bad. So... You bet we got our pictures with the cardboard!!



Next up, Conner and I were fortunate enough to go to Florida to watch my father-in-law's race. My parents took Nixon, we missed him but THANK GOODNESS THEY HAD HIM!!
We spent Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday in Daytona with my in-laws. We don't get to see them very often so it was fun to spend time with them. Rick did very well at his race! I think it is quite awesome that he is doing this. Patrick Dempsey (Grey's Anatomy hottie) also races there so I kinda chased him around to get some shots. mmm....I really like him!:)
After Rick and Micci flew home Conner and I spent a few days in Orlando. It was such a nice vacation and fun to spend some alone time with each other. Our hotel was very nice. We spent every night in the pool and hot tub. We relaxed a lot and just really enjoyed ourselves. We also went to Gatorland (HAHA!!), Universal Studios, Downtown Disney, and Hollywood Studios. It was REALLY hard for me to be there and only spend one day at Disneyworld, but one day is better than none!!


*ORLANDO*

The members of this lovely family are TRUE Gatorland fans! :)



See the very middle food, the pink stuff...Well, that's my steak. See all that is being cooked around it? That is ALL seafood stuff. I was nervous my steak would taste like seafood the whole time that I couldn't relax. Luckily...it was DELICIOUS! Conner enjoyed sushi. :P

This sweet little angel is what made coming home so easy. We missed him SO much. When we saw him at the airport for the first time he was very unsure about us. Luckily he warmed back up to us! We LOVE that baby boy!

SUPERBOWL WEEKEND
We spent the weekend in Nephi for the Superbowl. Pretty sure it should be a national holiday. I was rooting for the Saints because I think Drew Brees is pretty dang cool, plus they have never won the Superbowl before! I was very happy with the outcome!

*The four grandkids all got in the bathtub together at grandmas. I think everyone has a picture like this with their cousins!

*The kids were over at my moms Saturday so we got to spend some time with them.
Uncle Conner and Luke....Takin life easy

*For the game on Sunday the boys brought the basement couches up to make sure everyone had a good seat. It was a packed house. We had a lot of STUFF for dinner. Crab seems like a Superbowl tradition...I think I gained a few pounds thanks to all the yummy food!


*My mom found my sisters old dance outfits, who better to wear them than our little princess Ellie!?


*BEST PICTURE AWARD GOES TO...*



Today I went with Shayly to institute for the special needs people. It was a lot of fun. I really did learn A LOT. Nixon did super well. He didn't cry or squeel the entire hour!



Lucky for all of you....That's all for now folks!!

6 comments:

KK and Company said...

What a fun post! You guys do all sorts of fun things! Nixon is such a cutie... And I am so jealous you got that close to Patrick Dempsey. I would have died!!!

The Dyreng's said...

Sounds like life is going pretty good. Nixon is so cute!

Karleen said...

Looks like so much fun. Nixon is getting so big. I can't believe he is almost 1. I love the Picture of him and Brielle

Ryan and Ali said...

I'm glad you had fun in Disney world! I wish we could have found cheap last minute tickets! And I'm also really jealous that you got to see patrick demsey!! I miss you guys and little nixon, although he looks so much other now. We need to get together soon, let's plan a weekend.

Love you guys!

preston. shawnee. cohen said...

Hey Kylee! It's Shawnee. Kendra sent me a link to your blog. Your trip to Florida is making me seriously jealous ahh!
Anyway it's a small world, you guys are good friends with jenny and trevor cox?? I don't know trevor at all actually but went to high school with jenny. She's a little younger than me and is best friends with one of my best friends little sisters... if that makes sense ha. Anyway, she's such a sweet girl.
I thought I'd say hi, our blog is private but if you want to leave me your email I'll send you an invite!
See you guys tomorrow. Cohen is excited to play with Nixon again ;)

Lyns said...

So much fun! I can't believe you got pictures of Patrick Dempsey so close! Very cool. :) Nixon is cute as ever and I'm jealous of your trip to Florida.