Wednesday, February 17, 2010

V-Day Festivities


Well..the love day has come and gone. Quite quickly I might add! How did everyone do? Did you survive pulling off your last minute gift or was your well planned idea a hit? I hope everyone enjoyed a day full of EXTRA love!

Here at the Edward's home it was just a nice weekend to stay home with each other and not have to worry about work or school. That is truly all that I care about! Life has been SO busy lately with Conner's new job because he has been having to do training for 2 weeks which overlaps our schedules. He trains 2-8 everyday. This is honestly how our days go...I wake him up in the AM before heading to school to give him a big fat kiss and whisper the words "I LOVE YOU" in his ear. I then go to school until 4 PM. I drive to the sweetest girl, Shawnee's house, who has volunteered to take Nixon as we get through these 2 weeks. I open her door to see my son's face LIGHT up as he crawls to my feet. Nothing could make me happier. I take my baby home and put him down for a nap. After his nap we head to the gym (they have a daycare there which is AWESOME!) We get home, play, eat, and go to bed. I usually spend the rest of my night doing school work, blogging, or watching tv until I'm too tired and can't take it anymore. I climb into bed to read.  I can only cover a few pages until I'm zonked. Later I get awakened  by my sweet hard working hubby, who after work goes to the gym and comes home to his sleeping family. So to sum that all up for you, I say, "goodbye" in the morning and he says, "goodnight" in the night. :( it sucks.
My whole point of that story was to explain to you WHY I love the weekends so much. Well, that is why. So I can spend time with my family, all three of us!

Saturday: Conner, Nixon, and myself went to dinner at the yummy steak house in Logan, Hamilton's. We scarfed down good food and delicious cheesecake to make our bellies happy. We then went home to watch a chic flick...well Couples Retreat which is as much of a chic flick I can get Conner with to agree with. Once you have a baby and you don't live around family to babysit, your options are limited as to what you can do for V-Day. And ,considering we just got back from Florida we didn't want to do any money spending. Personally, I don't care about spending money...I just like the sweet simple small stuff.

Sunday: I made breakfast before church..the delicious MONKEY BREAD. (THANKS TY AND KARLEEN!!) After church it was such nice weather, which is rare here, so Conner decided now was the best time to clean his brother's car. His bro is on his mission so Conner's job is to sell the car. (I know some may think that's awful he was cleaning the car on Sunday, but did you read our schedule up above) Nixon and I watched Conner out of Nixon's bedroom window. He got quite the kick out of that. He LOVES his daddy!
Later that evening I started on our V-Day dinner. :) I loved cooking a nice big dinner for us. We waited until Nixon was asleep so we could enjoy the rest of the night.
After dinner there were rose petals and candles in the bedroom. It was a very great and ROMANTIC night. Remember this is Valentines Day we are talking about...the day of Love...and making it ;). So of course your mind is going to go into the gutter, but thats okay! Why? BECAUSE IT'S VALENTINES DAY!!!



Our gift to Nixon was kind of a weird one. He really doesn't 'know' he gets gifts but we thought he'd really enjoy doing something fun and out of the ordinary. So our gift to him was a chocolate cake just his size. Conner laid down garbage bags and we put him in his chair, gave him the cake, and let him go at it. It was quite entertaining for all of us. However, the remainder of the night I was a little stressed because I think he had a sugar high which made him a little weird. :S

WE GOT MAIL! Grandma and Bampa sent us a package and we received a card from Pooper and Papa as well. Thank you thank you! Nixon really enjoyed opening the cards by eating the envelopes off. :)

Something I have learned this V-Day...
Why in the world do I spend hours making Conner's gifts so pretty and nearly perfect? Why do I get out the cute scrapbook paper and mod podge? WHY?!? When Conner opened his gift he didn't notice any of it. NONE. Next year I'm ripping out a paper from my notebook and using that. Problem solved.

Something else I learned, but instead about NIXON....
Why didn't anyone tell me NOT to buy Nixon a butt load of toys that don't even fit in our house without making it look like a toy factory? Nixon only cares about balls...which can be a 2 dollar ball from wally world. He cares about our keys. The remote. The computer. Our cell phone...basically all of OUR stuff that we have to say, "NO NIXON"! We bought him a toy cell phone, it doesn't pass his standards. We bought him toy keys, they don't pass. We give him the remotes we don't use, they don't pass. HE HONESTLY KNOWS THEY AREN'T THE REAL DEAL? I got the brilliant idea to give him my old cell phone. It turns on...so you'd think it would pass..and for the most part it does! YAY!! He also loves just playing with anything and everything found in my cupboards and drawers. So once again..why did I by him BABY toys? Bad mistake...

Sorry a lot of words...but with my alzheimers kicking in I need it for my own memory.

2 comments:

KK and Company said...

Darling post! You are so creative and cute! Glad you had a fun Valentines!

Vance Family of 5 said...

:) You make me laugh! Glad you guys had such a fun Valentine's weekend!