Saturday, June 5, 2010

Our Summer Thus Far...

We are SO relieved to have another semester done and out of the way! I am taking one online class as well as a one week class which will be nice to keep me busy. Other than that, I have been home being a mommy! I am really looking forward to being in Logan for the summer and being involved in all of the fun activities they have going on here! Conner just got done working for the census, and is now in the process of applying to a few different jobs. We are keeping our fingers crossed something will work out!! We have had him home this week and even though he wishes he could be working, I LOVE having him here!
We just got back from California for a week long vacation with our good friends, but my camera that I took on the trip won't let me download the pictures, so I'll have to do a separate post later. My parents had Nixon at their house for the week. He LOVES his Bampa and Grandma! So much infact that one of his first words was Bampa! :) When we left Nixon he was just starting to learn how to walk. He crawled majority of the time, but would take about 10-15 steps when he wanted to. When we got back he was a walking pro. No more crawling for that kid! We left him for a week and my mom was able to ween him off his binky and bottle, he learned how to "whistle", say cheetos and bampa, and also learned how to "flex his muscles". I am happy for him, but it also made me feel like such a bad rookie mommy! I don't know what my deal is, and I definitely don't know why I am going into teaching when I can't even teach my son hardly anything!


 *Pooper & Papa's Casa*
We spent the Saturday before Memorial Day with Pooper and Papa. Conner and I helped with yard work, then we went out for breakfast/lunch and continued the rest of the day playing at their house with Kaydee's kids too!

Luke and Tanner were trying to be big helpers by getting all of the moss out of Papa's pond. Luke slipped on a rock and had a quick swim with the fishies! One of my favorite memories growing up being at Pooper's was getting in the tub. She always made it so fun. Even though Luke was the only one who fell in, Tanner and Ellie couldn't resist the fun too.Poor Nixon wanted to get in SO bad, but if he would have he would have never found him in all those bubbles! Maybe next year Bambinos!



*Mmm..Mmm...GOOD!*
When we journeyed back home we couldn't help but make a stop at our most favorite Mexican restaurant ever!...
 Conner was telling me to be quite because I was making a loud noise while trying to get Nixon's attention! haha

*Memorial Day*
We kind of used this day to get things back in order at home since we had been gone for a while. I told Conner it kinda made me sad because my family always gets together on Memorial Day for a BBQ. He agreed with the same feeling so off we went to Home Depot for an early Father's Day present! We got a BIG super nice BBQ grill!;)  We are so excited we don't have to cook all of our meat in the stove! We have already barbecued 3 times this week. Conner thinks it is going to be his new hobby! I'll admit he does make a mean steak and hamburgers!
(don't worry people...they only went to the store and back! hahaha KIDDING! The bad thing about this is now Nixon thinks he gets to sit up front all the time! Conner just took him down the alleyway so don't you fret! ;) )

Get ready for our spectacular new big grill. We knew our space was limited but we thought it was worth keeping the cars outside so we could store it in the garage! haha


*Silly Faces*
When Conner got into the car he wanted me to take a picture of his "natural" face so he could see what he normally looked like. I had to take a lot of shots, and none of them were his "natural" face! Pretty sure he was just trying too hard.I'm not sure why he thinks he naturally looks pissed off, I had to tell him it is okay to smile! haha I know... we are dorks!  Don't worry though babe, you've got one sexy little face! ;)

Every time I am laughing or am just super happy I guess, I get a look on my face that Conner always makes fun of. I was laughing and looked at him teasing me making the same face I supposedly was. Obviously since I don't know what that face is I tried to take a picture of me "in the moment"! I guess I do resemble Goofy quite a bit!
Eating a sour patch kid...

Nixon definitely has his Mamas chin!

Not sure what he is doin here...but he loves makin this face!

Nixon loves going in for the kill. I think he is trying to see how much of Conner's face he can fit in his mouth! haha


*First Day at the Swimming Pool*
It is good Nixon doesn't understand what we are saying yet because all week we have told him we were going to take him swimming. Finally today we did it! Conner went in with him first while I was taking pictures. If you know my husband you know he has a serious tendency of drifting off into lala land. Well, lala land called for him at the wrong time! I yelled to him, " CONNER, NIXON!"...still in lala land. Then again, "CONNER!!!" Finally, he snapped out of it to find his son under the water! Conner told me, "He was looking for fishies!" Luckily the water was only a foot deep at that point! 
After Nixon's first swimming trauma within the first oh 2 minutes of being  in the pool, he was very nervous after that. It took a bit for him to warm up and know that he's okay...Mommy was there! ;) haha With all that said, it turned out to be a fun day. Logan has a big nice pool here so we are excited for the weather to warm up so we can start going over there quite a bit.
Notice Nixon in the next two pictures. Hair is dry in the first, starting to get use to things. Second picture hair is wet, it is shortly after he "stopped lookin for the fish!" haha Love you Conner!!

He isn't happy in the next picture either, but I promise he was just fine and started having a really good time! I would have taken pictures but I was in the pool with them. I just wanted to show Grandma Micci and Grandpa Rick Nixon using the floaty they got him! He started to love it and just kick back and let us pull him around everywhere!


That's all for now!! 
Ps. I really love when I get comments, and I know it may be weird to say this, but if you have the time please leave me a comment so I know that people are actually reading this! 

9 comments:

lynnett said...

Kylee,,,You do a great job on your blog! Those natural pictures of Conner don't look natural because he very seldom has he mouth shut tight! He is ususally smiling or his mouth is open a little bit...notice in most of his pictures on the blog his mouth is not shut tight! You are a "Summer Blonde"! Nixon is looking like a toddler and not a baby!! I haven't seen him smile with all those teeth! Have a fun summer! Hugs!

Karleen said...

I love the hot new hair. I hate it when people don't comment too because it takes a lot of time to post pictures. If no one looks at it I just want to stop posting. So thank you for always commenting on my. Love you guys.

Connie said...

Even though I talk to you often, I love to see your pictures on your blog! It looks like you've started the summer off right! Love you all:)

KK and Company said...

Love love love this post!! He is so cute! And you are a great mommy!

preston. shawnee. cohen. said...

I look at your blog Kylee! You always do such cute posts :)
Nixon looks sooooooooo big to me now! And you are blonde! So cute for summer.
If you guys are ever up for the pool or spoon me let us know! Cause our boys would have so much fun together and we love getting together with friends!

Eric and Shayly said...

oh my so cute and fun!! I love your hair..it is different everytime I see you . I like the blonde:) Blondes have more fun for sure!!

matesen said...

I read your blog always! Nixon is getting so big and his hair has gotten so light! Cute, cute boy!

Kaydee said...

I have loads of time to leave a comment, so here goes, you look great! Your son is one of the cutest little stink pots I know, and I'm happy you're my sister!

miccilene edwards said...

Hi kylee....love your blogs and love the pictures and love all of you!!! I love to see what your little fam is doing especially NIXON. Glad he likes the floaty...it reminds me so much of our kids at that age....