Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Weekend With Bampa

     The company that my dad works for (Nicholas) puts on a big food show twice a year, once in St George and the other in SLC. Conner has never been to a food show before and ever since we started dating I had been excited for him to go, but I guess we have always been too busy. My dad called us a couple of weeks ago and asked if we wanted to come down SLC for it, and we weren't going to let another year slip by us! We were even able to stay the night at the Hyatt which was super nice!

 Nixon had NO problem making himself right at home. I usually put the toliet paper and remotes where he can't get them, but this time I thought WHAT THE HECK!! I think I got a few brownie points from him for that!!

     When we got down there we went straight to the South Town Expo Center for dinner, afterwords we went swimming for a LONG time!! Our pool at the Hyatt wasn't indoors but luckily my dads hotel had an indoor pool so we headed there for the evening. We spent a good two hours in the pool! Once I realized it was 10:30 I was paranoid we would be turned in for having our son up that late swimming. When we took Nixon out of the pool he was very unhappy because he wanted to keep swimming! As soon as we got him in the car he feel right a sleep within seconds of leaving the parking lot! He totally wore himself out!




     The next day we hit up the food show! We had 300+ booths to choose from for free food. Conner was in heaven, and after we found churros and funnel cakes Nixon was in heaven too! My dad sure had a great time taking Nixon around and showing him off to all his co-workers! He was being very spoiled to say the least! I guess I got way to caught up in the food because I do not have on single picture to show for our day at the food show! Darn me!
     Conner and I was enjoying our day so much that we were not quite ready to go home, we ended up going to the Gateway and Conner had the brilliant idea of letting Nixon wander in the fountain! It was a brilliant idea until Nixon got wet...and cold....and scared! Even though our tummies were full we were able to find just enough room for the place we LOVE....The RED IGUANA! mmm....:) We stopped at Costco to get some odds and ends then back home we went! It was a great couple of days and we were very grateful for the invite!  Thanks again Dad!!!

4 comments:

Karleen said...

It is June why do you have a jacket on. Has it still not warmed up yet. Nixon's hair looks so long and blond. What a fun weekend.

Anna Lee said...

Kylee I would be lost without your blog. First thing I do each day is check to see who has put up new things, also check later in the evening. I do my traveling through the blogs of the family. I keep a close eye on your mom's adventures. By the way I was so proud of your swim suit.

A bit about our little family... said...

YAY!!! A comment for Anna Lee!! That makes me so happy!! Everytime I blog I think of you! I have so many pictures and things to blog about, but our new camera isn't letting me download the pictures! :( Hopefully we will figure it out soon!!

lynnett said...

Nixon puts a smile on my face! Children are the best in their innocence and purity! Enjoy!