Friday, July 2, 2010

Baby Shower, F-Day, Seattle, & a bit more!

For some unknown reason, our new camera will not allow me to download our pictures onto our computer. I thought I would give it a try on my in-laws computer and low & behold...IT WORKED! I have had a lot to post about, but with out pictures I have held it all off. So I apologize for yet another super big post, but you get what you get and just can't be throwin' a fit!! ;)

A little while ago we had our neighbors over for dinner. Nixon loves playing with Miss Gemma! Who wouldn't...she is such a cutie!

*Summerfest*
Logan had the annual Summerfest going on so we couldn't pass it up. All of the grass at the tabernacle was filled with all sorts of craft booths and food vendors. Nixon had a fun time walking around, and I had a fabulous time eating yummy food!




During Father's Day weekend we hit two birds with one stone and had Linzy's shower at that time as well. On our way down to Nephi we had to stop at one of our favorite places, Zupas! mmm...mmm... DELICIOUS!


Nixon LOVES to drive the car. My parents pulled into their house why we were unloading our car, so Nixon got to drive around the front of the house with Bampa and Grandma. Who said you HAVE to drive on the street? Maybe the same people that said 15 month old babies shouldn't be behind the wheel?

Linzy's Baby Shower!!
We had an open house for Linz at my parents. She got so many great things and it was fun to see friends and family. Kaydee and I got her a super cute diaper bag, and my mom made her the baby bedding. She should be a professional in my opinion! It is SO dang cute!!!
"M" for Madden!

Cousins (only a small portion!)
I think Linzy wants to do a "finish product" of Maddens bedroom so I won't ruin the surprise by posting a picture of his bedding. But I'll give you a hint, it has the same fabric as these letters!


The remainder of the day we had Kaydee's kids spend the day/night over at Grandma and Bampas. Boy are they all cuties, but a lot of work! It is a good thing they are just so darn cute and loveable, so they can get away with stuff!
Greeting Bampa with hugs and kisses!

The boys played in Bampa's pond, luckily we still had the "clothes line" up from Linzy's shower so Luke had the brilliant old fashioned idea to hang up their under roos to dry!

*FATHER'S DAY!*

We had a BUSY F-day. Our first get together was at Pooper and Papa's house right after church (sadly I didn't have my camera), immediately after we had our second get together with the Kay clan. It is so great to have such a close family! I truly couldn't ask for a better family. We are all so blessed to have eachother!!
Aunt Melinda came up with this "star" picture with their dad. It turned out pretty cool!
I am one blessed little cookie to have this old man as my pop! Oh how I love him! He has ALWAYS been such a fun dad and I have always had my friends tell me how "cool" my dad is! They are all right, he is a pretty cool dad! We have always been so fortunate and given so much! He always makes sure his family is happy before himself. My dad is also an UNBELIEVABLY loving Bampa! He loves all of his grandkids more than anything else and will do just about anything for them. All four (soon to be five) know just how to milk their grandma for all of the lovin' in the world! Thanks dad for being the greatest Dad ever!!


Now, who can forget about this big hunk of love! It takes someone AMAZING to be able to spend the rest of his life with me, and I don't have any idea what exactly it was that I did to rope him in, but I guess something worked well! Conner is the most personable, loving, and generous person that I have ever met! He is always trying to make others happy and is helping out in anyway that he can just because he wants to! I am very lucky to have someone who is constantly making me laugh and feel so good! The greatest thing about my big hunk of love is the great daddy the he is. Nixon loves that guy like none other! I LOVE watching those two interact and play. I can see that they are going to have some great days of male bonding coming ahead, and I can't wait to tag along! :) Thank you Hunkers for being the best daddy that our little man could ever ask for!!


Does anyone have a WATER BOTTLE?!

I have been wanting to post about Nixon's new obsession, but I haven't gotten around to it. I have several pictures on this subject on our computer, but since I don't them now I will just post what I do have. Nixon absolutely LOVES water bottles! He is crazy about them. Shockingly, he does well drinking out of them, but he also loves playing with them too! He is a crazy little fella if I may say so!


My sister-in-law, Lauren, stayed with us for a week. I didn't take hardly any pictures :(. We went swimming, shopping, did the parade of homes, and spent the day at bear lake. When my family came to Seattle my brother made banana pancakes and that was Lauren's only request was to have those. So I learned how to make them and we enjoyed them for a nice Sunday brunch. And boy were they good!! :)


Conner got a new job with Wells Fargo...YIPEE!! We already had flights to spend 2 weeks in Seattle later in July, but Conner didn't feel comfortable asking for 2 weeks off once he just got a new job. We took Lauren to the airport Monday night and decided on our drive back to Logan that we wanted to go now as well before Conner left for work. Since flights were 900 bones the next day we decided to take off driving early the next morning. 12 hours and only one stop later we arrived on the Edwards' doorstop. Nixon did a GREAT job on the drive which made it so easy for us. We are very happy to be here in Seattle! (Don't worry Tyler and Kar, we are excited to come back in a couple of weeks with you guys too!)

We were on the road until 3 AM, and about an hour or two before we arrived I started snapping some pictures. I took 20 pictures of Conner and I until I could get ONE of him with his eyes open. He said it was because he was driving which I didn't quite understand. If he was driving with his eyes closed it kinda concerns me. At least we made it here!
PLEASE look past my nasty face, nose hairs, bushy eye brows, my large and in charge chin, not to mention the excess fat which hangs underneath it... Out of the 20 I chose the best 5 that wouldn't scare you all too much!


*Our First Day- Wednesday June 30th*

*Second Day- Thursday July 1st*

We started the day off with breakfast at an organic place called Portage Bay in downtown Seattle. From there we headed off to the zoo, and ended our night with the whole fam at cheesecake factory.

And then we decided it was time for Nixon to meet his real family. We have loved having him with us for the past 15 months and we hope that his "real family" will continue to let us have him in our home. We just thought it would be best to be open right from the start with where he came from....He is loved by so many DIFFERENT people around the world! :)

They continued to let us have him, so we celebrated at CHEESECAKE FACTORY!
Nixon has the same problem as his daddy when it comes to keeping your eyes OPEN! He has the smile down though. I tell him to smile and he gives the cutest little grin!!

More Seattle pix to come, I'll give all your eyes a break for now!
Hugs & Kisses!

3 comments:

Connie said...

Oh my gosh, I love your post! Keep up on your Seattle experiences. It's so much fun seeing and hearing about everything that's going on with you guys. Love lots!!!

Karleen said...

I can not believe how grown up Nixon looks. Keep the pics coming.

Jamie said...

I love being able to spend time with you guys! Charlie was so glad to finally meet her big cousin! Nixon is so cute with her, I can tell this will be the start of a beautiful friendship!