Friday, April 8, 2011

Conference Weekend

We spent last weekend in Nephi. It had been 2 months since we were last there and Nixon was super excited to see his cousins!! The guys had a little outing for Uncle Mike's birthday, so Linzy, Madden, my Mom, Nixon, and myself all met up at Aunt Kristy's house Friday night to have a sleepover! Uncle Tony translates Farsi for General Conference and they have a family friend from Iran (California now) who translates as well. So flew in and stayed at the Mortezazadeh's and made us a fine Persian meal! I am one of the worlds most pickiest eaters, but I gave it a go...for the most part!! It was a great night!


We met up with my sister, Kaydee, Saturday morning for some shopping. Nixon is no longer content just sitting in his stroller all day long. Dang! Luckily some of the stores we were in had crayons and coloring books for kids! Thank you, thank you!!! Nixon finally had enough and passed out in the stroller. I guess seven hours of shopping did him in! Everyone left the mall to go to Costco soon after he fell asleep, but I wasn't about to wake him up so I sat inside Macy's for a could 1 1/2!



I was going through some of my things at my parents and found a build-a-bear Conner and I did when we were dating. I couldn't resist....I had to try the boxers on my cute little nephew, Madden! He looked so dang cute with those chunky legs of his!

My parents gave Nixon his birthday present, I can tell already it is going to be a HIT! If only we get this dang snow melted!! My mom gave Nixon his 'Hot Rod' Saturday night, and since there was not much room in the house we took him outside to see if he could figure it out. He LOVED it!! He looks so stinking cute cruising on his new ride.I might be just as excited for it as he is!! Thanks Ma & Pa!







When we left for home Sunday night, Nixon would NOT take off his helmet that stays at Bampa and Grandmas! My dad insisted that we just let him take it. 

As we were driving I kept asking Nixon if I could take it off but he would quickly respond with a loud "NO!". After about 20-30 minutes I just reached back and took it off, he wasn't happy but I didn't want him to fall asleep with it on. (Doesn't it seem uncomfortable!?) The only way I could make him okay with it is if I gave him his shades...


Oh and of course he had to throw in one of these....







For some reason, every time we drive in the car now (long distances) Nixon demands his feet being rubbed! This is the THIRD time I have had to hear him whine "Toe, Toe Toe!" until I awkwardly maneuver myself to rub his feet until he falls asleep. It gets quite uncomfortable, but if I don't do it he cries and cries! What a spoiled high maintenance little fart!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ha ha tuffy loved the foot rubs when he was little too!YOur such a cute family ky