Friday, April 1, 2011

March 28th...

March 28th is a rather significant day in our little family because it was the day we welcomed our little guy Nixon into this crazy world! We had a little party the Sunday before and will also be having a family party next weekend. "We love to party...we love, we love to party! " Hopefully you sang the tune to that phrase and got some rhythm flowin'!
With the weather not being the greatest (besides TODAY), and Nixon still being too young to do much out there I was torn on what to do for his actual BIG day. Sadly, it wasn't to exciting...but to justify I am not sure he really new it was a day to celebrate or not! He did however get several phone calls throughout the day, and his Bampa kept reminding him of the presents that were waiting for him in Nephi! He would say, "presents, presents!!" (like mother like son!)
Nixon and I went to the Book Table where I wanted to buy some flashcards to help with his IQ. There was a Thomas the Train play station that he was instantly drawn to and the rest was history! I was able to walk around the upstairs of the store ( We think were the only one in there at the time) while Nixon played with the toys. Once in awhile I would hear him yell for "mama" just to make sure I didn't ditch him! I decided I would just let the guy roam free and do whatever his little heart desired. But, when it came time to leave he was not happy about it! The only thing that got him to leave was me buying him a stupid sword! I don't think the kid has any clue what a sword is, but he loves it! 



After the Book Table we met up with Daddy to grab some grub. Nixon always get so excited to see his Dada!!


When Conner got home from work we took Nixon to Best Buy so he could pick out a movie. He went for Toy Story 3, the only problem is that he already has that movie! We had to wrestle him to get the movie away and try to force him into picking a new movie. After a few screaming episodes everything was just fine and he was happy with his Monster Inc. 



Last stop was taking Nixon for some frozen yogurt at Spoon Me. I think he cared more about the cheesecake chunks than the ice cream because after he finished his own he went for Daddy's, and then mine! Little stink!

We finished the night off with Nixon opening up his presents from us and his family in Seattle. We were able to Skype with his Aunt Jamie, cousin Charlie, and Grandma Micci. I loved how each present he opened he would carry to the computer and lift it up for them to see! He is such a silly boy! 






 Happy 2nd Birthday buddy!



Here are some more pictures of Nixon putting some of his presents to use the last couple of days. One of the things I got him was finger paints. I was so excited!! Quite the opposite from Nixon. Oh man it was a nightmare. As soon as I dipped his hand and feet in the paint to try to get him started he screamed BLOODY MURDER!!! He kept yelling for a wet wipe and would also keep asking for his Dada! I don't know what it is but this boy does NOT like his hands to be dirty! I guess I will try again next year!





 

2 comments:

Josh and Lyndi Smith said...

Cutest! Thank so much for watching Gem. These two are best friends.

preston. shawnee. cohen. said...

So where is the book table at?!? Cohen would looooove that train too. Looks like Nixon had such a fun day, ha, he looks so curious about everything. And how funny he didn't like the finger paints!!