Tuesday, April 26, 2011

HOPPY EASTER!

We spent our Easter weekend in Nephi with the Morgan clan. Easter is always at the very top of my list for favorite holidays!

We all got together Saturday morning for breakfast and to color eggs. Nixon loved the egg coloring. His choice of color was green and it was hard trying to steer him into a direction. We ended up with a lot of GREEN CRACKED eggs! At least he had a good time!







Sunday morning my dad woke Conner and I up to tell us to step up with the 'parent/easter bunny role' and  hide Nixon's basket and eggs. (I guess we were enjoying sleeping in too much knowing that Nixon was well taken care of by grandma & bampa!) Anyways, I got his basket ready and put out some plastic eggs. I thought of putting candy in the eggs but then I figured Nixon is still too young and new at this to know the eggs open to what would typically be CANDY. Well, when Nixon started his hunt the very FIRST thing he did when he found an egg was opened it to see what was inside. I got a lot of grief from my dad and Conner, so Nixon went back upstairs so we could fill the eggs up! I guess I am learning as I go! Round two was a lot better for the kid, the first thing he did when he found an egg was dumped the candy in his bucket and gave the eggs to Grandma to 'throw away'.
(Yes, I am well aware his bucket is PINK, it was suppose to be the blue one but I couldn't get everything to fit! Good thing he is behind on his colors!)









Out of everything he got, the only thing he was really interested in was the $1 bubbles. Nice.  


After church my parents had their hunt for Easter baskets. Nixon and BARBIE found his basket. It was in the exact same spot as it was last year!









NIXON LOVES LOVES LOVES HELMETS! We didn't see his head for an hour or so after that! I even have to hide it or I know we really WOULDN'T see his head!


Next up was the big Easter egg hunt at Pooper & Papa's. There is no messing around at this hunt...it is all serious go time!










Our newest favorite game is egg knocking. Conner and I both made it to the championship round, where Conner beat me!








We had such a fun weekend with our family doing some of our most favorite traditions! Thank you familia for making Easter such a fun holiday as always! XOXO

1 comment:

preston. shawnee. cohen. said...

Ha you are brave for letting him dye eggs! For some reason we ended up not doing them this year... but I think I would have been a little nervous about letting Cohen! ha. Looks like you guys had a great time with your fam :)

p.s. Cohen has that same swimsuit! And those same orange bubbles!

p.p.s. love that salmon colored shirt on you, it looks great with your dark hair!