Saturday, November 19, 2011

5K TROT

As mentioned before, my mom just ran in the St. George marathon. I never EVER thought I would want to put myself through that, but after watching the marathon I quickly changed my mind. Plus, I think it would be a great way to push myself after the baby to loose all my extra baggage! It is pretty difficult to get into the St. George marathon, but one way to guarantee your spot is by signing up for the runners series. They take only about 800 people into the series, (you have to be on your computer ready to sign up the second it opens because it fills up fast too!) and what you are required to do is run in two St. George races and then you are automatically in the marathon. Being pregnant, the races that count in the runners series don't all work out for me. I would either be too far along or else JUST having a baby. I dragged down my sister, mom, sister-in-law, and linzy's sister to do the snow canyon 5k because I knew that was a race I would still be able to attempt! After all, it did make for a great shorts girls getaway...although it was rather quick! I was stressed to the max about this race for some reason, I knew all I had to do was finish rather someone rolled me to the finish line or not...but for some reason I was still really nervous. I was planning on running half and walking half, but once I got there I couldn't get my self to stop running. In reality I probably could have walked as fast as a ran, or jogged, but at least I kept it going! It actually made me feel quite good knowing I could accomplish that being 24 weeks pregnant and not have been running at all during my pregnancy! My next St. George run will be in April and then after that I will be training for the marathon! The thought absolutely FREAKS ME OUT!!!! 



 

No comments: