Friday, November 11, 2011

TRICK OR TREAT!!!

Nixon was SO excited about going trick-or-treating this year, and the funny thing is that I don't think he had a clue what it meant. BUT I mentioned trick-or-treating to him and he wouldn't stop bugging me about wanting to go. Halloween day was the hardest because he didn't understand that he had to wait! 
I honestly started looking at Halloween costumes 2-3 months before Halloween. I would show Nixon pictures online and have him narrow down what he wanted to be. Superman was his top choice which was also funny because I still have no idea how he knows who superman is!! Anyways, a lot of family things are going on lately so we decided not to go to my parents' for Halloween. I knew he didn't have big plans so I kind of procrastinated spending $40 dollars on a costume for Nixon to wear for a couple hours. (Bad mom I know....) A day or two before Halloween I was at Smith's marketplace and noticed a Superman costume in HIS size. I was pumped because it was only 12 dollars. I knew it was meant to be. Once I got it, the thing barely fit him! (AND IT WAS 4T!) Luckily my mother-in-law came through and overnighted a super cute tiger costume. Nixon was really happy about it and he made one dang cute tiger, with a pretty awesome roar as well!!!!
He had SO much fun trick-or-treating! After every house he would say, "I wanna go again!" He did not want the night to be over! We had been working all day on teaching him to say "Trick or Treat!" However, at the first few houses I think he was a bit shy and when I said, "What do you say Nixon?" he just replied in a quiet voice "Please?". However, it didn't take very long for the kid to warm up. He would say trick or treat, but in the end he started saying, "I wanna treat. A BIG one!" He even got daring enough as to ask for MORE treats! Little rascal! It was a really fun night and although we missed trick-or-treating with all of the family it was really fun to go out with just us three!


Earlier in the day we made ghosts and spiders out of his feet and hand prints!





 By the end of our night he was getting a little tired of walking (but not trick-or-treating. He wanted to ride on his daddy's shoulders, but still insisted on pushing those door bells!!
The second we got into the car he did not hesitate to ask for candy! and more....and more.....
I thought he would have a sugar high that would keep him up late, but I think all of the walking did him in. He fell asleep on the couch with Conner shortly after we got home!


1 comment:

Karleen said...

Very cute costume. What a cute little boy.