Sunday, July 1, 2012

Soccer

I made the mistake of telling Nixon we were going to sign him up for soccer. He isn't playing until the Fall, so it was wrong of me to tell him this EARLY. That boy has not stopped talking about soccer and asking all sorts of questions. "Who's gonna be on my team?" "Who's gonna watch me?" "What's the guy gonna say?" (the announcer ;) ) He will also run all over the house pretending he is playing soccer saying, "Am I gonna kick the ball like this?!" Every time we leave the house he will ask one of two questions which are Am I going to preschool? or Am I going to my Soccer game? Neither one starts until the Fall. :S Also, almost every kid he meets around here he will ask if they are on his soccer team! I am telling you, the kid is obsessed. One of the first days we told him he was going to play he woke up at 7 AM (2 hours earlier than normal) to come ask us if it was time for his soccer game. Well, it kinda broke my heart a little that he was so excited about it but yet we still have a couple more months until it starts. I decided to order him some soccer nets and a soccer ball so he could at least play in the backyard until it starts.
Conner took him out to show him some ropes which ended both good and bad. Nixon doesn't understand that you can't touch the ball, which I think would be hard for a 3 year old to understand WHY he can't touch his dang ball without his dad getting upset every time! haha Now all that Nixon is asking for (besides when his games are) is his soccer clothes and soccer BOOTS! He is ready to get things going I'll tell ya! 





No comments: