Wednesday, January 2, 2013

December 1st

The morning of December 1st we had our first "Elf on The Shelf" breakfast. Nixon was not a fan of the elf at the beginning...In fact, he told me he wanted to the Elf to leave. Then he started asking questions such as, "why doesn't he move his eyebrows?" "How does he open the door?" "Can I touch him?" "How does he eat?" etc....Nixon named the elf Ya-ya. Such a lovely name...He ended up getting quite use to Mr. Ya-ya and really learned to love the little guy. Every morning he would NEVER fail to run in my room and ask to go look for Ya-ya. He still talks about him, a week and a half after Christmas!

After we had our breakfast, we headed to Georgetown for the Christmas parade and the festival they had. The parade cracked me up. It was a small town parade full of people from tons of different churches. That is Texas for you! The festival was huge, it sure seemed like it would have been an all day fun event...BUT we didn't last long. Nixon threw a major tantrum and we told him if he didn't stop we were going home...Well, he didn't stop SO we headed up. Sometimes I struggle following through, so it was tough for me. However, that kid was on one and as sad as I was to take him home, I guess that is how he will learn! We ended up dragging him to the car about a mile away while he was screaming. It was also the first time Conner and I heard him say, "I don't like you daddy!" "Your not going to be my friend anymore!" Poor guy has such a hard life! ha!! Anyways, Don't mean to end this on a downer....but I guess that is exactly how the event ended! Darn it! Luckily once Nixon calmed down and took a nap, we were able to continue on with a few other things at home!






















No comments: