Saturday, November 1, 2008

Migrant Farm Workers

This weekend the family all got together to harvest potatoes! Oh what a joy that always is! Whenever we have our entire family together it is always a blast, even if we are working on potatoes. It was both Conner and Linzy's first year, some how Launey has been in the family for six years and he has never been sucked into it! Conner was a very hard worker as always, but it seemed like almost every time I would glance over at him he would be juggling potatoes, seeing how far he could throw them, or else playing his own version of basketball and trying to throw the potatoes in the buckets! He is just like a little kid! :)
It may not be the best way to spend your Saturday afternoon but I know it makes us all feel good knowing how much we are really helping out my grandpa. If it wasn't for our help he would have to do everything all by himself which would take him hours upon hours! Even if we were covered in dirt head to toe it still ended up being a very fun afternoon, although I'm not sure I'm able to bend down anymore for awhile! I'm giving that a break!

11 comments:

jenny said...

Sounds like you guys had a fun weekend! We were so glad you guys decided to stay up in Logan for Halloween. We loved being with you guys! And I had fun cooking together:)

jenny said...

Yay! We figured out how to center it:) Your blog looks so cute and I love the new title. Thanks for your sweet comment you left on my blog. It made my day. Thanks for being such a great friend to me. I really feel like the Lord has brought us together because we both need each other right now! Love you and have a good weekend (we'll miss you!)

matesen said...

Kylee! I just found your blog-it is so cute! Now we can stay in touch better! Hope you are doing great up in logan!

Kam and Jodie said...

Hey Kylee! I found your blog on Corrie's. I am going to add you to mine to keep up to date on your life. Hope that is ok.

Keisha said...

Ky! I miss ya! Your wedding was so pretty loved it! and love you!

KK and Company said...

I'm glad you have a blog! I miss you!

lynnett said...

Great Job Kylee!!! I love to read blogs and see all the fun pictures! I am glad to see that you have good friends... It makes a world of difference! Sounds like Jenny is a great cook and you get to learn lots from her!! Enjoy the Journey!!!

jcook said...

Hey Ky! I am so excited you have a blog! It looks so good!

Kaydee said...

Time to UDATE!!

Vance Family of 5 said...

Kylee... You loook so cute and happy! :) Glad to see all is well and congratulations! We are so happy for you.

The Ahlins said...

KYLEE!! I didn't know you got married..wait I dont know if you remember me so I will freshin' your memory..(I lived with you) anyways, So glad you have a blog!