Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Getting It Started...Any Suggestions?

So, a couple of weeks ago my doctor told me two things that can speed up the whole labor process. 1- Walking and 2- Doing what got me here in the first place. Well, Conner and I have gone to the gym quite a bit and I have been walking and doing the elliptical. So #1 really hasn't done anything. I was all for giving #2 a go, but that has not done the trick either. Are we doing it the wrong way? Is there a special technique I need to be informed of? ;) haha!!
My sister told me today that Mckell Jones ran a couple miles before she had Maddox. I'm quite impressed with that. I ran to my car and back the other day and thought I was going to go into cardiac arrest. But, I think I may attempt that even still. I do have a question however (since this is my first time and no one has bothered to inform me of these things) So, say I go to the gym and turn the speed up extra high. Is it possible my water could break right then and there? When that happens does that mean a gush of water will just start pouring out? If so, I may have to take a trip to the store beforehand to buy a a few depends. I know you are probably thinking i'm absolutly stupid, and maybe I am. But...like I said, no one has taught me anything!! My what to expect when you are expecting book doesn't even cover that question. Does that mean I should automatically know?! :S Hope not!
Anyways, My cousin Amberlee just left me a message saying she and her friends did the "curb" trick. Walking along the curb with one foot up and one on the road. I am for sure going to try that...it sounds pretty simple! Thanks for the idea ;)
If anyone else has any ideas then I would surely appreciate hearing them! I am not due for another six days, but I guess I have just been bored sitting around waiting that I actually want this process to come say...in the next few hours or so. So if any of you have any ideas please let me know!! Thank you very much..... :) (Also since you know know my lack of education when it comes to the whole birthing process, maybe you can feel me in on things I should know! That might be a smart idea!)

9 comments:

Malaree said...

hate to tell ya, but the only thing that works is patience :) I know it is hard to take this advice, but here it goes anyways...Enjoy the rest while you can because you are going to be one busy and tired girl when he is here! You only have six more days... hang in there and good luck! You'll be great!

Kam and Jodie said...

Hey Kylee. I don't have kids nor have i ever tried to go into labor but I heard going for a bumpy ride in a truck works? just an idea :)

The Dyreng's said...

Hey Ky,
My mom told me that one of her friends said that you should try getting relaxed as possible so feet rubs work really well. I don't know if that is true or not, but I am thinking for you hey free foot rub.

KK and Company said...

Come on girl... just be PATIENT! You're good at that right? JUST KIDDIN'! Enjoy the next few days and sleep a lot because in a little while you won't be sleeping at all! I love you!

The Ballows said...

Kylee they are right patience girl. The little guy will come when he is ready sucks but so true....And yes your water could just break and it will just gush out and maybe it won't the doctor might have to break it when you go into labor.
Your first one usally takes quite awhile in labor so expect that. After the first one it gets easier because you hip bones have already adjusted to natural child birth. Imagine having Tyrell at 9 lbs 16oz and 22 inches long OUCH!!!!!!
Stay active and it will be an easier birth. Good luck to you, you will do fine.
P.S. Catch up on your sleep now....

Markell said...

eI am queen of trying to go into labor. and nothing works. I even mowed my lawn at 38 weeks( all that got me was dehydrated). I went on 4 wheeler rides,we did the deed, went on jeep rides,jogged and walked. But I was in great shap when it came to labor. I had to get started so the doctor broke water. So I don't really know anything about that. I have heard it verries, it can gush or just trickle. Well good luck!!!

Vance Family of 5 said...

Take it from someone who went 7 days over... There's nothing you can do :) We definitely tried everything! But hang in there.. I know it doesn't seem like it, but it will end soon! And then you'll have a beautiful baby boy that you can't get enough of. Good luck with it all, I'm so excited for you!

KolyerandCorrie said...

Ya sorry darlin none of the tricks work believe me I tried everything anyone told me.I am so excited for you good luck with everything. Let us know when he gets here.

matesen said...

Unfortunately I don't have any ticks either!I just luckily went into labor 5 days early on my own. I am so excited for you though! I am sure that lots of people have shared their birthing horror stories, but it really will probably go well. Mine was a really great experience (well, once I got an epidural and wasn't hurting anymore :). I know you will do great! Good luck!