Monday, March 16, 2009

Vegas Vacation

This past weekend Conner and I were able to spend the end of our spring break with both my side of the family and his! It worked out very well!! Conner and I drove down with my brother, sister-in-law, and mom Thursday night and met my dad in St. George. Friday we did some shopping, eating, and going to the Mt West Conference games. One of the biggest reasons for us going down was for my hubby to play in a flag football tournament in Vegas. His cousin Tyler arranged the whole thing and Conner was lucky enough to get to play. He went down during November to play in Mesquite and I was unable to go, so this was my first time watching him!! My first impression when I saw all of the BIG black brothas was "dang, this isn't gonna last long!" However, the little Utah white time did EXTREMELY well!!! They made it to the semi-finals and BARELY lost the game. It was sad, but they honestly did do super well. If you would have seen the other NFL look-alike teams you would've been quite impressed too!
We had such a great weekend being down with our family and especially in the hot sun!! It was a very well worth it trip. Conner's little brother Austin was also able to fly in and watch the games. It is always fun to have his family come visit!




We spent our Monday in good ol' Nephi, and boy was it a great day. I thought when we came back to Utah we would be back in 40 degree weather. Nope, I was wrong!! It was around 65-67 degrees today in Nephi! Man was it AWESOME! Conner and I wanted to take advantage of it before heading back to Logan so we tried to spend most of the day outside. I really wanted to go rollerblading, but luckily I opted not to because of past experiences of falling, probably not a good idea now! We ended up playing games in the backyard. I played until I felt like I was going to squeeze out a baby down below! When I retired, my brother stepped in so I got a few shots of the boys playing. It's been a fun day with the family, and the only reason I look forward to heading back to Logan tomorrow is because I will then go back to work at trying to go into labor! Wish me luck!! ;)

3 comments:

jenny said...

So fun! I'm glad you didn't go into labor down in Las Vegas:) I can't wait to meet your little guy. Thanks for stopping in Orem the other day even though you guys were rushing--we really appreciated it! Can't wait to see you again soon:) Don't forget to call me - or at least throw me a text when little Nixon is here!

Unknown said...

Here is my "going into labor advice," walk the curb. Walk with one foot in the gutter and the other foot up on the curb, it works for my friends and I. Good Luck I a have been thinking about you lately.

lynnett said...

What??? No pictures of me??!! What the heck?? Get walking the curb girl!!