Wednesday, August 19, 2009

More and More Pictures

I'm very well aware that this post is all messed up. For some reason it is not showing me my pictures so I'm not exactly sure which picture is what and where the correct order is for them. So, I apologize!
It seems like we have been going and going all summer long! We are so sad to see it end but we are still excited for our new journey of attemping school & work with a baby! Wish us luck!
My mom had the idea to attemp feeding Nixon rice cereal. Well we gave it a go! Nixon seemed so excited about the idea. He always went right for the spoon, but then after he put the cereal in his mouth it just came spilling out. We need to work on his swallowing skills. I ended up just having to make the cereal extremely runny so we could drink it out of a bottle. Any suggestions?
Conners cousin Tyler asked Conner if he wanted to play in a flag football tournament which he of course agreed to. I think for us we like when he plays mostly because we get to spend time with Tyler and Karly. We usually will stay the night at their house which is pretty fun for us. The games were pretty cold and by the end it started raing pretty hard. Nixon and I ended up just watching the game from the car. It wasn't such a bad idea!
Nixon has been hating tummy time. Everytime we put him on his tummy he just cries and cries. His doctor said we have to break him into it and just start off with a minute or so each day. He has been getting better, but after that minute or so he sure does let us know when he has had enough! He will roll over from his tummy to his back but not vise versa. Just recently he has started rolling from his back to his side, so I'm sure it won't be too long before he rolls over all the way. What happened to his stage of just sleeping all day wrapped up in a straight jacket? haha
I'm sure most of you have seen my mom and sister-in-laws blog about our park city trip. some of my pictures are from that. We whipped up a quick weekend trip to Park City with the whole fam a couple weekends ago. I LOVED IT! It was so nice to be somewhere we could just relax and spend time with the family. We went swimming and Nixon wasn't diggin the cold water so he put him in the little raft you can see in the picture. He fell right asleep! It was so cute. He must have loved the motion of the water or else he was just one tired little dude!!
(I know I'm also talking out of order from my pictures but I'm just trying to remember what pictures I even put on!)
It is funny to see the change in Nixon lately. He has started to really reach for things. When Conner and I sit down to eat we put Nixon in his bumbo in front of us. My husband thinks it is funny to tease him with our food. The sad thing is that Nixon goes for the food, gets a little in his mouth and obviously really wants to eat it. But, of course he cant! So then he cries and cries. We put his binki in his mouth, he spits it out, and goes for our food. We were at subway yesterday and I was holding him on my lap while trying to eat my sandwich. He kept grabbing it and pulling it down towards him. Lets just say I had a bunch of lettus and banana peppers all over me, the table, and the floor.
We are finally pretty much moved in to our new home! I am so excited! We love it SO much! My mom has been such a great help with painting and decorating. We still have a few things to do and until then I won't post any pictures of the whole thing, but stay tuned. I put a picture of our new washer and dryer because I am FINALLY DOING MY OWN LAUNDRY!! We haven't had a washer and dryer so ever MONTH, yes month, we would take our laundry down to Nephi. Pooper, my mom, or even my husband would do it for the most part, and sometimes I would chip in. Now I have been doing it completely on my own! I still need to paint and decorate our laundry room so until then the small portion is all you'll see! ( I apologize that there is doubles of all of the house pictures. I really don't get what is going on with this post but I'm trying to do my best!)
I suprised my hubby with a trip to Seattle to end our summer. We have had a great time but are both very sad to see it end. The only part I am excited about going home is to actually get some sleep through the night. Nixon has slept through the night since we was very little, but here he wakes up every hour! I don't know what the deal is! We still love him so I guess he's not in too much trouble.
I will post some pictures of all our doings here shortly!








5 comments:

Annie Nielson said...

Hey Kylie--just curious where you got your cute dresser and crib for little Nixon? I love your crib bedding, too. Where did you find it?? They are all adorable. If you want, you can email me at annie@grumpy.com. I really want to know where you got your goods :)

I can't believe how big Nixon is getting--so cute!

matesen said...

Little Nixon is so adorable! He is getting so big!

Malaree said...

Awe... He is just as cute as ever! He is getting so big. I like his room, it's adorable! I hope everything is going good for ya!

Connie said...

Hope you don't mind, but I did some blog adjustments for you. Hope you're having fun. I'm looking forward to seeing blessing and Seattle pics too.

Natalie Park said...

I also would like to know where you got your crib! Please do tell!

natalie_park5@hotmail.com