Tuesday, August 25, 2009

The Ups and Downs

So, school started. I don't know rather to be happy for this occurring event or to sigh at yet another year of...well, school! I am very grateful that Conner and I are both lucky enough to be going to school, but WHEN IS IT EVER GOING TO END? Yes Micci and Lynnett, I'll admit it...I was WRONG and you were RIGHT! School is a lot easier to attend when pregnant rather than actually having that sweet little baby stare you down as you walk out of the door! Conner and I have worked our schedules out so we are always opposite of each other. This means NO babysitter! :) The only way I was going to be happy with us going back to school is if Nixon was always with either Conner or myself. Luckily that worked out. I found a job on campus at the library which works GREAT with our schedule. I only work 17 hours a week, and I go to school 10 hours a week. That is a whopping total of 27 hours a week that I am away from my baby boy! I HATE IT!!! Yes, it is nice to have a break once in awhile but I would be perfectly happy with a 30 minute break.
Today was my first day of classes and I am working a 6 hour shift as we speak. Tuesdays and Thursdays are pretty busy for me, which means less time with Nixon.
The great thing is that Conner has done an awesome job so far with him! We all know Conner is not a morning person, but after I fed Nixon at 6:30 this morning Conner was awake and ready to get down to business. Even though he tells me he did fall asleep on the bed while laying with Nixon. I guess he deserves it! Conner just sent me a picture of Nixon in his stroller going on a walk with his daddy. Conner truly is such a great job and always makes things work out ok. I think I stress too much about how things are done and when they should be done. I worried Conner wouldn't catch on with little things like when Nixon takes his nap, how to put him down, when to feed him, etc. But really- he is an expert even without my nagging!
I love him to pieces and I love how blessed we are to be in the position we are in. Even though school isn't the greatest, I need to look at the bright side and think of it as another year that will be done and out of the way. So, here's to an awesome year with the Edwards' family!! :O)

1 comment:

Karleen said...

hang in there it will go by so fast. And you will be really happy you finished. You should read the visiting teaching message for this month it will give you some inspiration.