Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Back to Routine...With a Little Fun on the Side.

School has begun and we are back into routine. Conner is doing classes two days a week and working three days a week. I am doing 4 classes, two online, and two on campus. My classes on campus are 2 1/2 hour classes on Wednesday evenings/nights. I LOVE this because I can still be home everyday with Nixon besides Wed from 3:30-10:00. It stinks leaving him, but at least that is ALL that I have to leave him. Other than that, that kid is glued to his mama's big hip! 
It was last Wednesday that was my first day of class. I missed Nixon like mad. I even got a little teary when I dropped him off at my neighbors (which by the way I am so grateful my neighbor Lyndi is watching him!). I was so excited to come home from class hoping Conner had Nixon still awake so I could put him to bed. I came home to the most sweetest thing in the world! Man I love this baby!
 After we put him to bed, Conner told me what they did when I was gone. I asked what he had for dinner. PB&J. But then I found the PB&J and realized Nixon didn't have it for dinner after all. Instead, this did....


Bampa gave Nixon a shirt to represent the mighty Juab Wasps. He still has a few years until it uncovers his knees, but it sure does make for good pajamas! 


Nixon has been good at letting us feed him the messy stuff which that requires a spoon. I have been grateful for this and dreading the day when he HAS to do that on his own as well. Well, I had one of those days. He insisted on feeding himself yogurt with ZERO help. He did great, minus the mess.


Over Labor Day weekend Conner really wanted to go to the WU game at BYU. He went in his PURPLE to support the huskies with my dad and brother. The girls & little boys (nixon, madden,me, linz, and my beautiful mother) went to Swiss days. 

I am super glad that I have the "holding" capacity that I do, because otherwise I would have to experience what these poor gals did. N.A.S.T.Y. (I'm sure pleased I was able to capture their exiting the john expressions! priceless.)
 
We continued on with our festivities Sunday which consisted of us hanging with my mom's side of the family at their camp site. Yes THEIR. For some reason my family has always been the ones to show up for the day, eat, & head home. I know we were "camping" but I hate being dirty, and I hate my son being dirty. He had a couple outfit changes and a paranoid mother in fear of ruining his clothes. He loved riding the four-wheelers as always and I loved every one's willingness to take him for rides. This gave Conner and I a break so we could play team skipbo with our cousins Shayda & Jamileh. Shayda & Conner LOST so they had to climb up the "mountain" and do a Tarzan call.  We ended our day with a watermelon seed spitting contest. I didn't do to swell.
See this FILTHY cutie?! I love him, but the dirt had to stay behind...so we did what we had to do. strip.
and then he figured out how to do this. really? already? 

We spent the next morning (Monday) spending time with our pooper and papa. Nixon even got to meet our Uncle Jim & Aunt Betty for the first time online. They are in Pennsylvania.  I think he was a hit.
Nixon demanded more four-wheeler rides. honest...he did.
 My sister-in-law started school on Monday as well. She is going to school in Utah this year. Our very own Mt. Pleasant to be exact. It is crazy that my sister-in-law from SEATTLE is going to a school that is so close to my hometown. Wasatch Academy is awesome, teachers, students and all!  She is going to have such a great time.

Nixon wearing Gamma Micci's sunglasses. What a hottie!

The warm weather is fading away...I am actually excited about fall. It is pretty! I also love being a bit chilly and having to wear jackets. Is that weird? Anyways, we thought we better take our little monkey to the park before the snow covers it!
My oh my he is going to miss this swing! I wonder if I can build one in his room? Any thoughts?

1 comment:

Emily said...

So... I didn't have time to leave you a comment last time I checked in. It's fun to see your blog and get to know you a little better. I think you are super cute and I'm so glad to finally have a chatty friend at kids club- not that your chatty- :) just easy easy to be with and talk to- you make it fun! and your Nixon... I love him! Have a great week-see you Friday!