Wednesday, September 29, 2010

"the pedagogy of blogs" (class assignment only!)

*For all of my readers out there...this is going to be a very out of the norm post. It is going to have nothing to do about my family and our doings! This is an assignment for my technology class. This week we are learning about blogs and the use of blogs for teachers, luckily for me I already had a blog so for my assignment I can just type my post on my own blog. So please know this is for a school assignment only!

INST 4015
Ever since I have discovered blogging it has become my new hobby and addiction. I love that you can record everything that is going on and have record of it. Not only that but you can also post pictures, videos, and links to other pages. I have loved blogging for personal family purposes, but I often think of blogging in the "teaching world". The way that I would use a blog as a teacher is to keep parents informed and updated on the happenings in the classroom. I would like to do weekly posts with pictures to not only show the parents what we have done in the classroom, but to inform them what to expect for the upcoming weeks or months. I also would like to do fun things with the classroom blog such as having each student post about themselves so we can get to know a little bit more about each student. One thing you would have to be sure of is to give each student an equal opportunity to be featured on the class blog, and to not boast about one student more than the other. Each student should be given the same amount of recognition.
Some teaching blogs that I have found which are more helpful blogs to the teacher are:




http://www.ukiahcoachbrown.blogspot.com/

http://www.educationpolicyblog.blogspot.com/
This is an interesting blog were teachers debate every little detail about school policies and what to look out for.
http://www.eduoptimists.blogspot.com/

This blog is an in-depth look at "the power of society, schools, colleges, and educators to empower individuals, further learning, and reduce inequities...and have a little fun along the way" (found on http://voices.washingtonpost.com/class-struggle/2010/01/best_education_blogs_for_2010_1.html)


http://magicalmysticalteacher.wordpress.com/
this is not a "blogspot" blog, but I still think it is very useful. This teacher has written this blog focused around everything English from writing to reading and even more. The thing that I like is that on the right hand side you can be linked to several other blogs that have an educational purpose.

No comments: