Tuesday, February 15, 2011

A LONG getaway to Nephi.

Since Kaydee was expecting baby Mya at any second Nixon and I made our journey to Nephi on January 27th. Mya was born about 8 eight hours later. Nixon and I stayed in Nephi until daddy came down for Superbowl Sunday. When I packed to go down there I brought my temple bag, two reading books (I NEVER read), and a few other things. I guess I thought we'd have a lot of time on our hands. I was absoultely wrong. We kept busy the entire 10 1/2 days that we were there!!! We did a lot of playing with cousins, grandparents, and aunts and uncles. 

DAY 1 (January 28th)-
It was such an incredibly warm day! Nixon played outside in the snow dressed just like the picture and I was out wearing a t-shirt! Definitely not how we left Logan. He had too much fun blowing bubbles!! Bampa was gone working until later that afternoon so we went to the hospital with him to go say Mya again. Afterwords Bampa and Grandma took us all to get ice cream. Grandma's famous pancakes were served for dinner. Bampa played the ukulele for Ellie and Nixon to dance and be crazy. 









 DAY 2 January 29th-
Not sure why, but Luke, Tanner, Ellie, and Nixon always LOVE getting in the bathtub..especially in grandmas big tub!!
 DAY 3 January 30th-
I think all of the baby talk and Ellie playing with dolls made Nixon want to join the club as well! He had fun playing with the little baby doll.






DAY 4 January 31st- 
Pooper (Grandma Marge), Nixon, and myself drove to Kaydee's to help out and start taking some pictures of Miss Mya. Tanner came back to Nephi with us to stay another night at Grandma and Bampas.




DAY 5 Feb 1st-
Nixon, Grandma, Pooper, Grandma Red, and myself went to provita night. For all you non-locals out there, provita night is where the drill team, cheerleaders, and local tumblers and dance group put on a showcase. I was nervous how Nixon would act, but he did really well. Each time a performance was over he would say "MORE"!
DAY 6 Feb 2-
Nixon stayed with Pooper and Papa while I went to help Kaydee's for a bit. He had a lot of fun and was really spoiled as always. We spent a large amount of the day at their house just relaxing and watching Papa's new favorite show, House Hunters International. Nixon spent the rest of the night with Grandma Red while I FINALLY went to my moms bread making class.

DAY 7 Feb 3-
Kaydee came to Nephi and we spent the day visiting Pooper and Papa again. Nixon sat in Luke's booster which I thought was pretty funny seems how he is a wee bit too small, and the seat belt looks like it is about to take his head off. That's how we roll in a small town I guess!
Uncle Chief Big Bullet came to visit- is it just me or does my Morgan side of the family TOTALLY fit Everybody Loves Raymond? Pooper and Papa totally fit the part of Marie and Frank. Uncle Mike is a TALL cop just like Robert. My parents can fit Deborah and Ray...Do you see it?! Don't worry aunt casie- you are NOT like Amy.  






DAY 8 Feb 4-
Spent MORE time with P&P.




DAY 9 Feb 5th-
Daddy was finally back in our lives!!! We were so excited to see him again. We went to a yummy Chinese place for lunch with the entire family and then Conner and I split off to go on our own date. We went to Color Me Mine, Zupas, and Cold Stone. We spent 5 hours at Color Me Mine, it was THAT intense! :( Sadly I have NO pictures to show for it!

Nixon mastering cold cereal...with TWO spoons.



DAY 10 Feb 6th-
ARE YOU READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL!?!?!?!
This is pretty much one of the biggest 'holidays' of the year in the Morgan family. My dad and uncle mike always plan for a big feast (prime rib and lobster) with several appetizers and desserts to go with it! After the game the Edwards' family headed back up to logan.
We played ticket to ride as a little pregame warm-up before heading over to Uncle Mike and Aunt Casie's.

Nixon was a little obsessed with throwing the ball over the railing to Uncle Karson or Bampa....or whoever he could get to do it I guess!









Ellie "SHAKING HER BOOTY" to the Black Eyed Peas



And that's that- A LONG, BUSY, FUN, EVENTFUL week in Nephi!!!

No comments: