Sunday, March 27, 2011

2 SWEET!!!!

When I was younger, I remember sitting outside of the Jr. High at lunch looking at the High School and watching all of the HS students walk down to the vocational building. We (my friends and I) would always say how we wish so bad to be in high school! Then that quickly turned to being 16 so we can drive, which later switched to going to college, getting married, and then having a family. Needless to say, we were always 'wishing our life away'! Being in 6th grade and wishing to be in high school really doesn't seem like all that long ago. But to think I am at that 'having a family stage' is absolutely bizarre. Not to mention, my baby is now a CRAZY two-year old TODDLER!!!! Two years ago we welcomed the most sweetest and innocent little bambino into our crazy lives. I can remember that day quite well and hope to never forget it! When he was a newborn, Conner would say he was so excited for him to get a little bigger so they can run around and play. It is almost sad to me that that day is now here. As much as I miss that sweet little baby who would sleep in my arms I am also madly in love with the handsome little devil that causes much chaos in this household! I love our little Nixon no matter how much of a stinker he can be, at the end of the day he is OUR son and he is the most precious human being in our lives. I love that kid to the moon and back a trillion times! Happy birthday little boy!!! We LOVE you!!

Here is a little of what is going on in our little man's life!

I have started Nixon into a bad habit, loving SWEETS! Or "cheets" (treats) as Nixon calls it. He knows the few places we go where he can milk people for treats! (Macey's, Daddy's Worker, Sports Academy)
Conner rewarded him the other day (as if he knows what that means) with a trip to Cold Stone. He was the only one lucky enough to be rewarded with an ice cream! He also loves cookies, suckers, cupcakes, fruit snacks, fruit, basically anything with sugar or a sugary taste will satisfy this little guys needs! (Don't worry, we brush his teeth every night, Dr. Edwards!)



Nixon and I went grocery shopping on one particular day in march and I noticed EVERYONE in their green. (A green wig is what gave it away). I called my sister to ask if it was St. Patty's day! I felt so sad! I know he is 2 and wouldn't know either way but I was looking forward to doing something fun for the holiday. We went home and I put green on the both of us, but as far as st. patty day fun, it was lacking! We did however go for a little walk outside, and played with BALLOONS! Nixon LOVES balloons! If he sees them on the street or in stores he will go crazy. Sometimes I give in a buy some for him. On this day he kept crying and I couldn't figure out why. I tied the balloon on his hand thinking he'd be happy, but he just freaked. I took the balloon off and he immediately let it go. He was SO excited! I guess all along he just wanted to watch it go up in the air. He kept shouting, "Loon Loon!!! Bye loon!!!"









Nixon is also starting to be quite intrigued by shadows. I'll catch him staring at them trying to figure out what in the heck it is! I was loading him in the car the other day and noticed he was waving at his shadow. :)





When I posted about Nixon pooin in the potty, I totally jinxed it! He has not gone ever since, although he has pee'd a few times. He still likes to sit on the toilet, but the annoying part is that he has to take all of his clothes off before doing so! I think he is more fascinated with playing with the toilet paper and flushing the toilet than actually trying to go to the bathroom.





Nixon thinks he is 100% capable of doing anything and everything! He has to buckle himself in his car seat (or he freaks), he has to sit on the bar stools or table (NOT in his high chair), he has to get in and out of the tub on his own, he'll pick out his shoes, he has to get a wet wipe when I am all done cleaning his bum and do the last swipe on his own, and the list goes on and on!!  Last week he tried dressing himself for a good 15-20 minutes. He thought my gym shorts was a shirt. The pants was a trial in and of themselves...he kept trying and trying until he finally had to throw in the towel!







Nixon has NEVER been a cuddly baby, but he has slowly but surly gotten better! :D When I am holding him he will put his head on my shoulder! He will also cuddle with me in the morning after he wakes up, or at night before he goes to bed. I LOVE IT!!!!
Three days a week he gets to play with our neighbor, Gemma. It is funny to watch the things they do the older they get! They are CRAZY! Let me just say, Nixon was never a climber until little tiny sweet Gemma came along! (shouldn't it be the opposite!?) They now (on their own) push the kitchen chairs up against the back of the couch and jump onto the couch, they can never stay in the bath tub without getting out and bringing in toys or taking them out and putting them in another room, they LOVE to climb on the table too! I don't even think Nixon knew this was possible until he watched Gemma. Now I will always catch him up on the counter top the little stinker!!! I just had to post the picture of them after bath time. After I get them out of the tub and get them their towel they will ALWAYS go into the hall or bedroom and lay right next to each other all wadded up in a ball! haha!!





The thing I LOVE is how silly Nixon is. Maybe not to other people, but I am always laughing at the things he picks up on. Rather it is the things he does or says...I LOVE it! He is a funny little guy!! He is also always getting into everything!....literally!






Conner and I spent Saturday doing some deep cleaning. We had the couches up to clean underneath them. When Nixon came down after his nap and saw them he was totally distraught. He kept saying, "oh no!" Or "no no no dada!"



I think I learned a lesson, no more pop-up books for Nixon. They don't EVER last long.

I can officially say, the TERRIBLE TWO's has hit my son!!! He has a tendency to drive Conner and I mad! I feel bad saying that, but really this kid can drive you absoultely nutty! He whines and whines AND whines. He never seems satisfied, and the list goes on and on. The last weekend we have never experienced him so 'naughty'! We've got a whole lot comin'! We love him, but we hate the whining and the tantrums (which he is very good at throwing!) Oh, and he has started this REALLY SUPER LOUD scream when he is not happy. It is GREAT!!




Luckily for him, (and us), all I have to do is peak in on him at night and I am reminded of the good in the kid and how cute and silly he has some serious potential of being! I love him more and more each day, and get stressed and go nuts more and more too (how is this possible?) I love my baby SO much regardless of the stinker he is, I especially love how angelic he looks when he is sleeping! That is the only time I can use that word to describe him as of lately so he better be grateful for it! haha!!!




We are having Nixon's birthday party in Nephi in a couple of weeks, but since it is his birthday tomorrow I wanted to do something little for him now as well. We had some of our friends come to our house today for cake and ice cream. It was fun to have them over and have all the attention drawn to him! I wanted him to have his own cake and I was thinking of just getting him a cupcake...but I decided it is HIS birthday and he deserves more! So he had a big cake all to himself! He is crazy though, he didn't even finish half of it!! haha
We also are knew to the whole skype thing and were able to have all his family in Nephi watching him blow out his candle and eat his cake! Love technology!








2 comments:

DeAnn said...

He is so cute. Can't believe he is already 2. Just have fun with those "terrible two's", they're out of them and into terrible 3's, 4's, 5's....and so on, but ya gotta love 'em!

Anonymous said...

Ky,
I can't believe you have a two yr old. I need to get started on a family to catch up with yours. He's a doll. I know the last time, first time I saw him he was like who the heck are you when I said HI.. I need to come see you guys. I feel like such a bad poo.. I wish we could find someones old LB seasons and kife them... I could make some lemon bars and come see you! If you find any let me know... I miss ya, you better be at the wedding!