Saturday, March 12, 2011

Never a dull moment with our little fella!

I love hearing the silly things my nephews or niece say and would get so excited for the day I can tell people about Nixon's funny conversations. We are by no means close to a conversation but I thought this one was close enough...
***I always am telling Nixon to share his toys, or share whatever it may be with other kids. A couple of days ago we were sitting at the table eating breakfast. I had my food and he had his. He inched his way as close to me as possible and said, "SHARE!" I had been sick so I didn't want to give him any, but he kept insisting on 'sharing'! I felt like a mean mommy but had a good laugh all at the same time! 

Along with the terrible twos (that actually hit a few months ago) Nixon has been super clingy and very independent all at the same time. He always wants me by his side. To make sure I don't leave him he will always say, "Sit, sit!" or "DOWN!". If we are riding in the car I have to reach my arm back and hold his hand. If I leave the room he is always sure to follow only a few steps away. He usually won't let anyone hold him, feed him, or play with him if I am in the room. :( Each morning when he wakes up he yells "mama, mama, mama until i come in to get him! The last two nights I he has been SO cuddly and will lay on my chest until he is asleep or else begging to be put in his bed, I won't lie....I kinda dig that!


As far as being independent, say goodbye to the highchair, goodbye to holding my hand when walking into the grocery store, and he tries so hard each time to buckle up his own seat in the car...I have to pry his hands away in order to actually get him buckled. He wants to do everything all by himself! The good thing with all of this is that he is ALWAYS doing funny things that make me laugh. He is such a nut!

Some of today's highlights are...

*When I got in the shower today I specifically told Conner to keep an eye on Nixon. The second I close the bathroom door I hear Conner say, "Go find mommy!" (GRR...Does all husbands do that or just mine? His excuse was that a GAME was on!) Anyways, when I got out of the shower this is the cutie pie that I found saying, "uh-oh! Mess!" I totally think we have been watching a little too much Minute to Win it at our house!


*Now when Conner or I wear a hat, guess who has to wear one too? The bad part is that there is a specific hat he wants every time, and it is NOT his hat to begin with. He throws a big tantrum if he doesn't get it (yes already...sad I know!) So I(we) usually give in and he ends up looking like a goof ball. Like today for example...





*Nixon is the king for playing copy cat. Anything we do, he has to do as well. Deodorant, cologne, hair spray, getting a drink, and the list goes on and on. Today Conner was brushing his teeth and Nixon was trying to keep up....but with his finger of course!




* Hopefully this isn't a bad sign of the future, but whenever I leave a bra out where Nixon can get it he will always hold it up to him and say, "na na na na na". It makes me wonder if that is the impression he gets from me always saying, "na na na na"? 




* When going down the stairs Nixon either has to be holding on to our hand, going down on his bum or tummy, or holding on to the wall. Today he went down all by his little self!! I wouldn't let him do it with our big stairs, but still that's kinda cool right? Way to go little buddy!! (You can totally tell I am his mommy by how geeked out I get over the silliest things!)




* I feel like an awful mother to say that TODAY, almost two weeks before Nixon's 2nd birthday, was the day he had his very first ice cream cone! With how much I love ice cream this is a shock to me! He has had ice cream before, just not ever his very own cone. It was a hit! Even though it took A LONG time for him to finish the dang thing!

ps. I am CRAZY about that boy!!! 

1 comment:

Connie said...

So fun to see all that Nixon is up to. Thanks for posting! See you all soon:)