Sunday, March 13, 2011

TWO for TWO

So it all began on Friday afternoon...little wanna-squeeze-your-cheeks-cutie-pie and I were sitting at the table eating lunch, a peanut butter and honey sandwich with bananas to be exact. Out of know where Nixon shouts, "Poop! Poop!" I can tell he was pooping, so when I thought he was done I took him upstairs to change his bum. While changing him he said, "Poop potty", so I thought eh what the heck, the longer the sandwich sets the more crispy the honey gets which I absoultely LOVE! He sat on my toilet for a good 10 minutes. I kept asking if he was all done and each time he replied with a quick NO. 
And then...it happened.
He said, "Push, push!" He squinted his nose and grinded his teeth. And to my surprise, out came the poop! I went crazy! I told him not to move and I ran to get my camera, but not just my camera...my video camera too! It was crazy! My little baby pooped in the potty out of total randomness. I had not even started thinking of potty training the kid...I haven't wanted to let go of the fact that he is not a baby anymore. tear.
After the business was complete, mommy was still cheering loud and we were doing a potty dance around the bathroom. I picked up the phone and called my mom and sister to tell have Nixon tell them his exciting news, "poop potty!" YAHOO BUDDY!


But wait, it is not over yet!

The next night we are sitting at the Olive Garden enjoying as good of an Italian meal as you can there when my son started shouting over and over "poop, poop, POOP!" Conner ran out to the car to get a diaper and wipes and in the mean time I was embarrassed he would not stop saying the word POOP when everyone around us was trying to enjoy their meal too, so I took him to the bathroom and noticed he had not yet pooped. I took off his diaper and sat him on the toilet. Right away, he did his business. Number 1 & number 2. Can you imagine my thoughts?!
I ran out of the bathroom to tell Conner we would not be needing the diaper and wipes. We were both so shocked and excited that I think we may have made the mistake of telling everyone in our section and Conner had to inform the waiter too. :)
This still blows me away only due to the fact that we have never even tried to get him to do that, this all came on his own!

I bought him a new potty chair, which was a mistake. Now he is constantly wanting to sit at the potty. If he is bathing he will want to get out ever 2 minutes to sit on the potty. I have to carry the kid out of the bathroom screaming because of the dang potty chair! Oh the joy, I guess we will just have to see where this all leads us!! 

3 comments:

Eric and Shayly said...

Oh my!! So dang cute:) I love NIxon and I love his cute little bum!! What a wonderful time in the Edwards home. Good Luck!!

preston. shawnee. cohen. said...

Haha hooray for Nixon!!! That's seriously so awesome. I am excited for the day Cohen is will be potty trained. So is he still doing it?!?

Anonymous said...

You've been tagged! New post... Take a pic of all these wonderful things and show us what it's really like caught off guard.
No Cleaning... GO!
#1 Kitchen
#2 Fridge
#3 bathroom
#4 Self Portrait -as is, no getting ready
#5 Favorite room
#6 your closet
#7 Favorite Shoes
#8 Your little one...
#9 Laundry Room
#10 Dream Vacation Destination

Now tag all your friends in a comment!