Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Busy Weekend Spent With Cousins!

Nixon and I traveled down to Nephi while Conner got to play in California. From the time we got there we were always entertained from one thing to the next. Nixon loves playing with all of his cousins! He rode bikes with them the second we pulled into the driveway, and then we headed off to Payson to go to the swimming pool. Kaydee called and said that it was pouring extremely hard with thunder and lightning. I started to question or swimming trip, but my mom was optimistic and we continued our journey! We ended up eating Pizza in our car for lunch rather than the park because of the rain. The Payson pool closed for the day so we went with plan B, Spanish Fork park and splash pad. By the time we got there the sun was out and everyone was happy! After a full day of playing with cousins I went with my parents and aunt and uncle to one of my very good friends wedding, McKenley Park. He has always been a very close family friend and one of my closest friends growing up. I haven't seen or talked to him for quite awhile, it is sad what growing up and moving away can do to you!

















Day two, I woke up bright an early (5:15 AM) and headed to my sisters to go on a 11 mile run with her. It was a great run and I really loved running my long run with her rather than my lonesome self. After the run we all got ourselves and the kiddos ready and headed out to the farm to meet my dad. We told Nixon he was going to ride a horse and he couldn't have been more excited. In fact, he still talks about it. He will say, "I wanna ride a horse tomorrow, please?" haha! He says TOMORROW in almost everything probably because every time he'd ask to go swimming or the park or something it seemed like I would always say maybe we will tomorrow! Poor kid!  Anyways, all of the kids had a good time so it was a successful day! We ended our night with fireworks at my sisters house. Nixon thought they were pretty darn cool! 



















No comments: