Sunday, July 3, 2011

Sunny St. Geezy!

ALL of the girls on my moms side of the family got together for a mini vacation in sunny St. George. It was such a great get-a-way to be able to relax in the sun, laugh, talk, shop, and of course eat! I am so grateful for my wonderful family! I truly feel so blessed to have the grandparents, aunts, and cousins that I do! It is so great being as close to your family as we are (even though now being the only ones in the family to live outside of Juab County, besides the Mortezazadeh's, we don't get to see everyone as much as I use to!)
I am not sure if my mom is going to sue for copyright issues, but she made her good long St. George post and right now I can't think of anything better but to copy her work and let her explain the weekend in further detail! So without further ado, I present to you Connie Morgan (connie-cisme.blogspot.com)
We, fifteen young and old women, plus one little guy gathered together in sunny St. George. And, was it ever sunny! Last year we went the second week of June and had to lay by the pool wrapped in our towels. We decided to push it back a bit in order to guarentee some higher temps. We were not to be disappointed. No beach towels needed! In fact I don't even think we needed them to dry off.

We started out for our little vacation on Saturday after singing 'Happy Birthday' to Brayden. Kristy had our games ready from the get go. The first one was called, 'SWIFT Switch'. She had the passengers each draw out a colored M&M which put them in a certain car (I was a driver so my spot was unchangeable). She had planned that everytime we saw a Swift truck on the freeway we were to pull over and make a Swift Switch. Apparently after loading up and getting ourselves comfortable in our surroundings and then noticing that we wouldn't be driving more than 5 miles at a time without switching she canceled the game. But, nothing was loss because she had our travel bingo cards all ready for us to get working on. I love all of Kristy's games, she get's us in the party atmosphere right from the spot. We have a blast being silly! I wish we had pictures to document all the crazy things we did.

After getting into St. George we had dinner at Pizza Factory and then went to unload our things at the condo, brush our teeth and head out to Tuachuan to see Grease. 


Connie, Kylee, Kaydee & Mya at Tuachaun


The Pink Ladies & One

 
On Sunday we allowed ourselves time to sleep in a bit, but more importantly time 15 girls to get ready in two bathrooms and then found a church for an 11:00 sacrament meeting. We could tell by the fact that the entire permiter of the church house was designated handicap parking spots that we were in an 'older' ward. We worried that since we are such young spring chickens we'd stick out! But no worries, somehow we fit right in! It was a nice meeting with some great speakers.
The young girls went to a singles ward hoping to find the man of their dreams. I guess they were out of town that day!
After eating lunch at the condo we spent the rest of the day relaxing around the pool and trying to rid ourselves of our farmers tan. All expect for Kristy, who made certain she didn't get a line of any sort for fear it would be a burn. She armed herself with her giant umbrella and a can of 50spf sunscreen.

We love being able to stay in one place all together, so in order to make the most of the space our condo offered a few of us slept out on the deck. I for one, considered it the best bed in the house. By the time we went to bed at night the temperature was perfect and it great to wake up to the bright morning sun and birds chirping.




Back to the words of me, KYLEE:

As always we made sure that there was NEVER any hunger pains in any one person. If we happened to hear a grumbling belly we would all immediately take it upon ourselves to stuff our faces yet again! It might be an issue that food is constantly occuping my head, asking myself as I am eating a cookie dough shake, "Hmm..I wonder where we will eat for dinner!?" Is often a coversation I seem to have with myself. So it is safe to say that we did not leave our get-a-way wishing we would have ate a little more food. Rather, we arrived back home with our pants unbuttoned and a better support for our heads (our double chins grew a little thicker!)




To make it so we didn't feel AS guilty we had a couple walking and running adventures to prepare us for our next meals ahead. Kaydee, Jamie, Jamileh, and myself chose to do the later run around 8 AM. BIG MISTAKE! Jam and I continued our run a little longer and at the end I seriously was drinking nasty warm water from a sink at a park bathroom. It was HOTTTTT!

We did some shopping, game playing, and late night chatting throughout the whole trip. It was such a blast and like always, I can't wait for next year!!!



No comments: