Monday, July 4, 2011

Summer Seattle Vacation Day 1 & 2!

We decided to take off for our annual Seattle vacation Friday night. (I am still asking myself why we ever decided to drive?!) Anyways, we left Logan at 7:30 pm. I kept Nixon active and never put him down for his nap earlier that day so he would be plenty tired for the drive. Plenty tired he was indeed! Literally ten minutes after gassing up and hitting the road that boy was out cold! He had been begging for us to play Tarzan in the car (first time movie/car experience), but he never even made it to the main menu of the DVD before he fell asleep!
We arrived to Seattle at 6:30 AM. We were ALL looking forward to getting to the house and getting a good LONG nap in. However, once he pulled into the driveway Nixon was WIDE AWAKE and I knew there would be no sleeping for me! Micci and Conner both hit the beds and I tried to stay as alert as possible for Nixon who needed my full attention for every little thing possible!

After Conner got some what of a nap in we decided to take Nixon down to walk along the beach. (Convientely enough for us, they have stairs in the backyard leading right to the water!) It is not exactly a soft sand beach, but instead more of a rocky beach. That makes no difference for Nixon, it was still a fun adventure!








Fasinated by the scuba divers. It really made me wonder, does he think they are fish creatures or humans?


Later that night Conner and I got to have a much loved date night at the Mariners game Diamond Club style ;). My father-in-law has amazing seats and it is always one of the biggest highlights of coming to Seattle in the summer. There is great food before the game as well as any type of food you choose throughout the entire game. It ranges from prime rib and halibut to hot dogs and cracker jacks with ice cream and several desserts in between!! You can bet we always leave there with FULL tummies!!
Our seats are right next to the opposing teams duggout and also an entrance/exit onto the field. Conner noticed everyone making a fuss over someone waiting to come out onto the field, so he took a peak and noticed it was Joe Montana (one of the best quarterbacks ever in the NFL who was there to throw the first pitch). Later during the game I went back inside to fix my ceasar salad craving where I noticed him in line for some meat! I asked him if I could shake his hand and was so excited to tell Conner, my dad, and brother! I then remembered that I had my camera so I went back to ask him for a picture. Right when he saw my camera in my hand he said, "I'm sorry, I don't do those." Needless to say I felt like a total idiot! Oh well, it was worth a try I guess!
Anyways, like always we had such a blast at the game and loved every minute of it!



My personal fav.....ICHIRO!!!

As if the dinner wasn't enough to begin with, Conner really enjoyed himself some shrimp tacos!


DAY 2:

Let it be documented that we will NEVER EVER drive to Seattle through the night AGAIN!! Nixon doesn't know the meaning of sleeping in when we are here so he is up at 7AM. Conner is still recovering from the drive, and so he was lucky to sleep up until church at ONE in the AFTERNOON! This left me once again hangin out with little nickle trying to keep him entertained while my eyes were quite heavy themselves. We should be taking advantage of every minute here but instead we are totally dragging our feet and extremely exhausted!  Oh well, lesson learned I guess!
Today after bobbing our heads in church we took naps (haha), ate a delicious dinner prepared by Chef Rick, and then took a walk on the board walk.








 Afterwards we sat around talking about anything and everything! Nixon and Lauren (my sister-in-law) have such a funny little relationship! They remind me of a brother and sister who pick on eachother! Anytime Lauren (Beaba) walks into the room Nixon will right away say something like, "MY mommy! or MY grandma! or MY drink!" He is such a stink! Him and lauren will go back and forth! When we went for our walk Lauren started pushing Nixon's stroller and he said, "My stroller, go away beaba!" At the same sense he loves his aunt like crazy! When she isn't around he is always asking for her wanting to play hide and seek or else saying, "I want Beaba hold you" (meaning I want beaba to hold me.) He was being so funny after our walk and was totally trying to attack and jump on her like crazy! We all got a good laugh out of the things he would say and how he would just plow all over her!



Nixon's cute little couisn Charlie will always go up the Grandpa Rick and say, "ball". She likes when he will take her in the garage to play with the basketballs. Since it was late and Rick was tired he kept telling Charlie not tonight. However Charlie knows just how to work her grandpa! She went back to him and in a sweet quite voice whispered, "ball..." while reaching for his hand. He couldn't resist (who would?!), so Grandpa Rick was out playing in the garage with the little kiddos at 11:00 pm! Nixon sat in the carseat and said, "OHHHH NICE!"



So far we've had such a great time here in Seattle with family and we are really looking forward to the festivites planned for tomorrow out on the lake! Nixon won't stop asking to ride Grandpa's boat! Until then....

1 comment:

Connie said...

I'm so glad you did a post from Seattle. It's fun to see what you guys are up to! Looks like you're having a great time. Love ya!