Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Eventful Week in Seattle!

As I have said on my previous post, we talked about the idea of driving to Seattle last Monday and that next Tuesday we were in the car! It has been so nice to come back and see our family. Nixon has had a GREAT time with everyone, especially the dog! I'm not sure what we are going to do without old Kallie in Nixon's life. Kallie will be thrilled to have the 2 ft little man chasing her around and pulling out her hair gone, but Nixon is sure going to be one sad cookie!
Here is a little fill in on what we did the remainder of our trip!

*JULY 2ND*
Nixon LOVES pushing the cars around making "car noises"!


He gets so excited when he sees a "Ba" (ball) and gets even MORE excited when Conner plays basketball with him. He LOVES shooting in in the hoop!


Nixon is a picky eater, but when it comes to grapes that boy can sure take them down! Charlie sat back in her bumbo watching her little cousin get down to business!


*JULY 3RD*

Nixon *LOVES* Kallie!!


*Conner and I made Banana Pancakes for the Edwards clan. I can never get sick of those things!

*We spent the rest of the day playing at the lake house. Nixon was in heaven with all of the toys that he could now get into. We took him on his first boat ride this summer. Last year he was just a wee child so he did great, but this year was a different story. He hated that life jacket! He did fine when the boat was moving because it took his mind off of it, but as soon as daddy stopped the boat he cried and cried. I forgot to bring my camera though!
Brandon and Emily drove up with their four kiddos. Max is one day older than Nixon so it was really fun to see how they would react. Max had his binky hooked to his shirt, and since Nixon doesn't get his binky during the day he was quite jealous and kept trying to go for it! We got a good laugh out of those two!


Nixon was too scared to step off of the garage floor to the gravel!


Nixon FINALLY got the hang of going down the two stairs. He was so proud and I was SO glad because it stopped the whinning of him wanting help each time he climbed up!


*JULY 4TH*

We got some VERY yucky weather. The news said it was the coldest 4th in the past 20 years!
Brandon hadn't seen Conner "perform" on the wakeboard so even though it was cold and raining we all loaded up in the boat. (Minus Max, Nixon, Grandma and Grandpa) Nixon stayed behind with grandpa playing on the four-wheeler and taking a drive in the car!
Conner is an amazing wakeboarder and I was so bummed because I was so focused on getting the picture taken at the right time that I didn't even really watch his tricks, and the worst part is I was always too late with my pictures and took them when he would land. No more picture taken for me next time! Needless to say, I HEAR he did awesome as usual and Brandon and his fam were blown away. Good job babe! :)

Nixon LOVES cars, especially when he gets to drive Grandpa's porsche!



Max and Nixon kept swapping their food back and forth to each other! :)



Emma would throw down the beach ball and tube from the top of the stairs, and the boys would laugh and laugh! Max knows to duck and cover being the youngest of 4 kids, Nixon on the other hand just takes it right in the noggin!



Nixon learning how to get out of a chair...


Nixon's REAL first firework experience. No reaction really...


*JULY 5TH*

We spent the afternoon downtown at Pikes Place. Nixon fell asleep on the way over and I had to take a picture of him. I LOVE when he crosses his feet!

I didn't have my camera the rest of the day, so I found these from my sister-in-law's camera. Thanks Jamie :)



Since today is Rick's birthday we all celebrated at the Mariners game in diamond club. This was Nixon's first baseball game, let alone diamond club experience! I was nervous he would be a pill but he actually did very good! He loved watching the Moose and even got his very own game ball!
Before we went out to watch the game we ate dinner inside the d-club. Nixon would NOT let me feed him and insisted on doing it all by himself, with a BIG metal fork. He has never fed himself with a fork before. He ate two pieces of watermellon by himself with a fork! I think Grandma Anna Lee was stressing with the drum noises he was making, I was just pleased he was eating and enjoying himself!

Happy birthday Grandpa Rick! Thanks for such a fun week! We love you guys all so much!
We'll be back in two weeks! ;)


5 comments:

Jamie said...

It's been so nice to have you guys around. Can't wait to see you guys in a couple of weeks. Love the pics! =)

Malaree said...

Looks like fun Ky! When did Nixon turn into a little boy? He got so big so fast! He is so stinkin' cute!

preston. shawnee. cohen. said...

WOW! Looks like you guys had an awesome time. Too bad the weather wasn't great on the 4th though! I love all the pictures. Cohen loves dogs- actually any animal- so much too! And how funny, I love when Cohen crosses his feet like that too. So we're back in Logan now, let's get together this week! And hopefully I can get your necklace made in the next couple days too. Did you decide on cream as the color you want?? Or something else?

Karleen said...

Look like the next addition to the family will be a dog. Oh man all these pictures made me so excited to come. I can't wait to see everyone. I see that you guys got Anna lee out with you. How did you manage that. See ya in 2.

Connie said...

I'm loving Nixon with Kallie. They're some precious pictures! I'm glad you guys are having a great time. Too bad about the cold weather. Love Ya