Monday, July 12, 2010

Our Way of Entertainment



Let me start from the beginning....

When we got home from church Sunday afternoon I was going to start my "crock-pot" dinner but I didn't know the correct way to do it. My mom and sister were in church so I thought I'd ask my Aunt Kristy. I text Shayda and said, "Are you with your mom?" She didn't respond until a few hours later. When she text back, I was upstairs reading and Conner was the one who had the phone. He thought he was clever by sending Shayda a random text back. I asked where he came up with it and he replied, "I just thought of it in my head!" haha I thought that was kinda funny too! So anyways...I played along with what Conner text back to Shayda. This conversation continued until tonight. Shayda still doesn't know it is a joke, although I'm sure she will now after reading this. Now for our conversation. (I hope you think it is as funny as I do!!!)


Ky: Are you with your mom?


Shayd: No, sorry I'm at singles ward. What's up?


Conner (shayda think it is Me though..): Oh sorry to bug you at church! I was wondering how tall your mom is? I'm making a dress for her for pioneer day and just needed to know her measurements!


Shayd: What the crap? Serious?


Ky: I just thought it would be something nice to do for all the aunts. And I have spare time so I might as well!


Shayd: lol you're sweet :)


Ky: Do you mind gettinger her measurements, but don't tell her why?!


Shayd: lol ya i'll try. like what measurements?


Ky: Shoulder to floor, bust, and waist.

LATER IN THE DAY:


Ky: Have you seen your mom yet?


Shayd: Ya but I forgot to ask. I'll ask when I see her again tonight.


Ky: Okay awesome. Conner is going to be in SLC all day tomorrow so I'm hoping to get all my fabric cut and ready tomorrow.


Shayd: So what kind of dresses are these?


Ky: Kinda just like the ones we wore in that mormon handcart pagent. But a little shorter and a bit more modernized. It'll be fun. :) then I'm hoping they'll all pass them down to their daughters someday.


Shayd: I see. Well that sounds like fun!


Ky: ya. I'm way excited about it. :) I'm hoping they will wear them in Mona on Pioneer Day! 


Shayd: So modern pioneer dresses?


Ky: ya, I found a patern for it at Joanns. Should I make hats? like bonnets to match?


NO RESPONSE. I WASN'T GOING TO END THIS UNTIL SHE GAVE ME THOSE MEASUREMENTS!!! SO I TEXT BACK AGAIN TODAY...


Ky: have you gotten those measurements yet? Sorry to keep bugging you.


Shayd: She's 3* in the bust. 3* hips. 55 from shoulder to foot.  (* for her own privacy ;) )


HAHAHA Ok, so maybe I'm just super dumb. But this has gave me quite a bit of good laughs!! Sorry Shayd, you can blame it all on Conner for "thinking of it in his head!" LOVE YA!!!

10 comments:

preston. shawnee. cohen. said...

oh my gosh hahahahahahahaha!!!!!! I am in TEARS laughing! Tears!! Seriously, I have been wiping them away to see the screen, and I have been laughing so hard I can barely breath. You even had Preston laughing too. This is soooo hilarious, and random. Conner you are so funny for randomly thinking, and texting that! Ha and I love that you guys played along with it for so long. I really just love pranks, and this was a good one. I mean who in the world would sew pioneer dresses for their aunts hoping they'll wear them for pioneer day?! hahahaha. I love this :) Thanks for making me laugh SO HARD.

Malaree said...

Oh my heck! I am proud of Conner for thinking of that in his head! Thanks for the laugh Ky. I am going to have to mention this to Shayda... too funny! I can't wait to see them in their pioneer dresses at the park :)

Eric and Shayly said...

hahaha so dang funny!! I was laughing the whole time haha:)

Kaydee said...

That is too funny. Texts are great because you can be laughing your butt off but the person on the other end would never know! Remember Luke and Tanner trick-or-treating with a 5-gallon bucket! This was classic!

Connie said...

I commented earlier that I had tears too. I'm still laughing when I think about it! You two are nuts!

A bit about our little family... said...

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! That's all I have to say!

Talysha said...

This just made my day! Shay and I are laughing so hard, we have tears! I am excited to see these dresses haha. I'm sure Aunt Kristy would love to wear one to Pioneer Day!

DeAnn said...

This is so dang funny!!! How random... A pioneer dress??? And of all the aunts,- Kristy is so the part of dressing in the pioneer dress!
Its good to have a good laugh on someone you know!

Amberlee said...

Total tears of laughter way way way too funny!

matesen said...

Kylee you kill me! Thanks for the laugh!