Thursday, August 19, 2010

Clouds in the Sky

We had a disgusting start to the day today. By that I mean we slept in WAY too long. Too long to the point where I really am disgusted! Conner left at 8 and I know I should have woken up, but Nixon wasn't awake so to me that is a great excuse for me to keep sleeping. I think Nixon slept for a super long time BECAUSE he was truly exhausted...and maybe a little cozy too! Yesterday we had a pretty busy day. It was Conner's day off so him and I went to the temple while Nixon stayed and played with my friend Joni. He didn't have a long nap either (one of the reasons he was tired). After the temple we all went straight to the pool and swam for a few hours. Nixon honestly LOVES swimming ( another reason why he was tired). Nixon believes that he can swim on his own and tries to wiggle out of our arms so he can take off. Sometimes I just want to let him go just to see if he really can swim...but I don't dare. After the swimming pool we came home to shower and headed to Macey's (driving the cart may be an exhausting thing for a baby) to buy LOTS of fruit. Lately fruit and dip is our new obsession and we seem to have it nearly every night. I always think it is a healthy dessert, but I am sure we easily make it UNhealthy by all of the fruit dip that is covered on each piece. After dinner we went outside to play and blow bubbles (playing outside = tired baby). Nixon kept saying the word "bubble" which we thought was SO stinkin cute! Now for the cozy part, when I put Nixon to bed last night I put a pillow in is crib. He has never slept on a pillow before. Usually when we put him down he will talk to himself for a bit, not last night. I had Conner go look at him with the pillow 3 minutes after I put him down and he was OUT! We both agreed he was probably VERY tired....hence the reason why we slept in so disgustingly late!


I had woken up between each intermission of my dreams this morning and checked the clock. 8:34....9:06....10:28.....??:??.....AHHH! Is it REALLY that late? Each time I woke up Nixon was still sleeping, so I went back to bed. But when I woke up the last time and saw the time it made me sick. I went into his room, still sleeping. I went downstairs to make him his oatmeal. Back upstairs...and I decided okay this is pathetic, so I woke him up. When Nixon wakes up in the morning he is so happy and smiley. Today he still just seemed so tired and onery! Anyways, we had BRUNCH and when I looked outside I noticed the clouds in the sky. It was dark and gloomy. Since a lot of our day was wasted I decided I was going to do all the things Nixon loves most, go to the park and ride his bike. What better weather to do this! Usually when we go outside we are dripping sweat so I thought this was perfect. We walked to the park and in my head I was thinking it was going to be so crowded!! This park has no shade, so on sunny days it is way to hot to play here. That is why I thought there would be a lot of people taking advantage of the cloudy sky. Nope. It was just me and the little fella. Then I got thinking...hmm, I bet the good mommies have come and went HOURS ago and are already on their next fun activity. Oh well. Nixon just wanted to swing. So I pushed him for ten minutes and then took him out so he could play on the slide. He wasn't a fan, and walked right back over to the swing and whined until I put him in. I pushed. And pushed. and PUSHED. To me it felt like I was there pushing for a good 30 minutes.I thought it was so cute how Nixon just has a big smile on his face everytime. Even though he swings almost everyday and it is the same thing over, and over, and over..he still just gets such a kick out of it! He throws his head back with a huge grin and his blonde locks blow in the air.Boy oh boy he is a cutie. Well I kept pushing and really started to get tired of it. However I thought, today I am going to be a nice mommy and let Nixon swing until he WANTS to get out. SO I continued pushing....Then I got thinking of a GREAT invention. AN AUTOMATIC ELECTRIC SWING!! Can you imagine? That would honestly be the greatest invention for mommies of all kind. (Can someone get on top of that?) Well, I pushed some more and kept asking Nixon if he wanted to go bye bye. He shook his head NO each time. Finally I couldn't take it anymore. I mean literally I COULD NOT take it. The lunch bell was ringing and most importantly the bathroom was really starting to call my name. I got him out and put him in his stroller. He didn't cry or anything. In fact he just started singing and talking away. It was then that I started to realize how much he is like his daddy. When most kids should be screaming and crying he was just in his own world along for the ride! Once we made it home (and I made it to the bathroom) we grabbed some snacks and headed back outside for some bike riding. He was happy and when he is happy I am happy!

And to those of you who may be concerned...I have signed a written agreement (in my head) that I will from now on wake up when my husband leaves for work. Wish me luck.

*CAMPING* (well...kinda)
Let's back track to TUESDAY...camping day. Our friends invited us to go camping with them and while we were excited and very thankful for the invite we decided to go minus the actual camping part. They all made tin foil dinners up there, but Conner COULD NOT pass up taco Tuesday. So after we ate our tacos we headed up for the campsite. We stuck around until Nixon had had enough. I took his yucky smelly dirty clothes off and buckled him in his seat. Then I went to go get our things to put them in the car as well. I was honestly gone 4 minutes. I had come back and found a sleepy baby. We decided aww what the heck we might as well stay longer. Nixon slept in the car while we continued our many conversations around the fire. It was a fun night! Once we left we took off all of my clothes, except our G's obviously. I'm not saying this in a girly prissy kinda way but Conner and I are both not fans of dirt let a lone having dirt cover our bodies. So we used nearly 100 wet wipes to wash ourselves from head to toe...and then we were off back to our home and our cozy beds! Thanks again guys for inviting us and for the DELICIOUS smores! 


Greeting Cohen and Sailor with hugs. Nixon LOVES giving hugs.
He didn't hesitate taking off to hike the hill. Or to him...mountain.
Or to try and play in the fire...
We decided it was safest to lock him up!

Preston. Shawnie. CoCo

Jordan. Paige.

Sterling. Kendra. (and Paige =] )


Nixon dead asleep in the car...

1 comment:

Connie said...

Looks like lots of fun things happening at the Edwards' home. Enjoy the remainder of your summer days! Love ya.