Tuesday, August 3, 2010

A Good Week Spent In Nephi

*We FINALLY took our camera in to Best Buy to figure out why I couldn't download on our computer. Problem solved. Now I have to back track to get caught up!

When our little clan flew back into Utah we each went our separate ways. Conner had to work all week so he headed home to Logan. My mom met us at the airport and took Nixon and I home to Nephi with her. I had a few reasons why I wanted to go to Nephi. 1- My little sweet nephew was born while I was in Seattle so I was extremely anxious to see the little bugger! 2- Couldn't miss ol' Pioneer Day in Mona with the fam! 3- I have been taking an online class and I had to finish two tests and a few assignments by July 30th. It is hard to find time to do it with Nixon (especially with Conner working) so I thought it would be nice to have my moms help 4- When I have an excuse to spend time with my family...I am obviously going to take it! We ended up staying an entire week, each day adding on a huge case of the "I miss my husband" bug. By the end of the week I was SO anxious to see Conner (and I think he was anxious to see us too!....at least I sure hope so!)

Back to Nephi... 
One of the best things that went on was being able to relax and enjoy one anothers company! We spend most of the day in the backyard. Talking. Eating. Sleeping. Reading. Swimming. Playing. You get the point!


On the night BEFORE the 24th we started a tradition a while back (thanks to me and my love for traditions ;) ) where we would all get together at my Grandma Red's to have a sleepover in the backyard. We had a lot, and I mean A LOT of yummy treats and watched a movie from a projector onto the house. We even talked my dad into sleeping outside with us which I was pretty happy about! I hooked up the baby monitor to an extension cord and put Mr. Nixon in the bedroom inside the house! 


The boys were playing FBall and got into their huddle. We looked over and Ellie was right in there with them! She's such a cutie!

We spent the next day (Pioneer Day) at the Mona Park & at Grandma Red's. This is a tradition that we have honestly done forever, long before I was born! It is pretty cool how we just always know exactly what is going to go on from year to year. 10 o' clock parade starts, set up our chairs in our usual shady spot at the park, sit at the park most of the day while the kids play, buy yummy stuff from the bake sale, by raffle tickets & pray that you will win SOMETHING during the drawing, after the raffle is over then we head to Grandmas for dinner and wait until it is time for the fireworks. This is honestly how it is EVERY year, and I am pretty certain that it will continue to be this way for a LONG time. Like I said before, I really LOVE family traditions even if they are SO simple! 
If you notice closely, Nixon has a toy monster truck in his hand. My aunts took him with them to the parade and when we met him over there he had the truck in his hand. He NEVER put that truck down. He ate with it, played with it (expect when he played basketball for 2 minutes), he napped with it, he watched the fireworks with it, he slept with it that night, he went to church with it, napped with it again, it wasn't until we took him to the canyon (with the car in his hand) and when we left before he wanted to he got mad and threw it, he never had much interest in it after that. I thought it was the funniest thing! What a dork! 

Nixon got extra sticky at Grandmas so he got to bath in the ever so famous BLUE tub!



I made my aunts, grandma, and mom pose for a picture that was obviously a bit difficult to achieve. I was kinda hoping they'd all go tumbling down. (Not because I wanted them to get hurt, I just thought it would be funny and make for a great picture! ;) )

*We spent the next day (July 25th) at my other grandparents house having a BBQ and just chillin' in the backyard.

*My good friend Paula came over to my parent's house with her sweet little girl whom just might be Nixon's Mrs! ;) Nixon was LOVIN' on her! The funny thing is that it was pretty much the first time he has ever been so huggy and kissy! Since that moment he doesn't stop hugging random kids that we see. Honest, today at the pool he went up and hugged probably 4 kids...just because! What a sweetie!

*Nixon has found his new love. BIKES. Every bike he sees he gets SO excited and does his little whine and points at it because he wants to ride it. The poor kid just DOESN'T get it that he simply cannot ride a bike! Conner was a month away from turning 3 when he first rode a bike WITHOUT training wheels (I didn't believe it at first, but I will tell you all that YES I have seen proof...it's true!) Anyways, I have a feeling that if Nixon keeps up his weird love for bikes then he may be following in his footsteps! Now when we go on the river trail and pass bike riders he makes it very clear to me that he WANTS those bikes! Until he can get on a big boy bike we have him cruisin' on a mini trike. He does pretty dang well and can go pretty fast too. He knows how to steer, and it is the funniest thing when he backs up...he goes backwards SO fast. He is so fun to watch. He also does a trick...willys! At first he started doing it with his back wheels up against something, but now he can just do it from anywhere. It is hilarious! ugh...I LOVE that kid!!!

* The day I was packing to head back to Logan I had my passenger door opened and Nixon was out playing in the yard. The next thing I know he is crawling into the car. I watched to see what he'd do. He crawled onto the drivers seat, grabbed the keys out of the cup holder, tried to put the keys into the ignition, and grabbed the shifter. It was pretty funny. He likes driving and sitting on our laps to pretend drive, but I never knew he would know to grab the keys and try to put them into the ignition. I was crackin' up. I figured if he was going to drive anywhere then it would be safer if I buckled him up, so that I did and snapped a picture or two while I was at it! :)

*From the beginning of our school days here at USU Conner has seriously used the SAME binders for his classes. He has always insisted on using them and said they work perfectly fine. To me it is kinda embarrassing so without him having a say in them I finally threw them away! But I had to take a picture to remember how frugal that boy was with his BINDERS. hahaha!!

*And to wrap up this post I've got one more thing...
Has anyone ever seen a rolly pully bugs mate? Well I have. I figured I might be one in a million who has ever witnessed this and I felt like it was my duty to share with you all. After all, this picture just might be worth millions. 
I got thinkin...maybe my mind is in the wrong place. What if this is a sweet mother carrying her child to rolly pully bug school? After all, the top bug is a lot smaller. And I'm really not sure the whole mating thing can go on this way...I don't know. Take it as you will.

4 comments:

KK and Company said...

Holy crap I am going to die of laughter! you are tooo funny! And I think that they are not mating because their heads are facing to the left, therefore that's not the right position!!

Karleen said...

Always a party at the Morgan home. Looks like so much fun. Miss you guys.

Lyns said...

Where did your little blonde boy come from? I just always thought he'd have dark hair! Your family is so cute.

How do you get your layout set up like you did? I've been messing with my layout and pretty much have it how I want it, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to center my banner on top! Any tips?

A bit about our little family... said...

Nixon is a blondy huh Lyns? First blond in the family! It's kinda fun! That is funny you say that about my layout, my mom was in Logan this weekend and we were saying how much we love yours with the way the pictures are. We were trying to figure out how you did that! As for my banner on top, I know it was hard and confusing but somehow my mom figured it out...yep that's right, my mom. haha I haven't done ANYTHING on my blog as far as design. she always gets on mine and messes with it which I am thankful for because I'd have no idea! so...sorry for the LONG explanation and no answer! Kaydee and my mom could for sure help ya out there!