Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Animals, Bikes & Fun!

Nixon was outside playing so I lathered him up in sunscreen. He took a nap and when I got him out of bed this is what he looked like. I loved his new do, he was rockin'!

Conner wrapped up his Wells Fargo training in SLC last week. He had training for two days so they put us in a hotel. While he was at training both of those days I went to my Aunt Kristy's house to spend time with her and her family. We even got to go to Kameron's soccer tournament. Kameron is honestly the cutest kid and SO cute with Nixon.  
 Conner's mom and sister were also in Utah at this time, so it worked out great that we were already in Salt Lake and we were able to see them. They came to our hotel to hang out after dinner, and we did some swimming too. It was a fun couple of days!
 *Nixon and his GREAT grandpa*
*Somersault*
*I'll have you know he has NEVER just slept in my arms like this....uhhh, HEAVEN.*
 *Nixon was SO zonked, so Conner kept changing 'molding' him into new positions. =]*


County Fair-
I knew the county fair here in Logan was going on, and when Conner is working all day I will do ANYTHING to make the day go by. (Is that sad?) Anyways, I decided to take Nixon to the fair to see the animals. I kinda felt dumb walking around by myself because I would always pass groups of *cute* moms with their kids...and I wanted to just jump on in and join them! It was still fun and Nixon got a kick out of the animals. The pig was sniffing his leg which he thought was funny...but then he just looked disgusted and wanted the pig to STOP. Then we visited Mr. Lamb. He was awfully hungry and decided to eat our stroller. We didn't like that so much either.


That very night we headed down to Nephi for the Juab County Fair and to spend time with the fam of course!
Nixon seriously has a huge obsession with bikes. The only problem is now he thinks he can ride a big kid bike.He could sit on that bike making 'vroom vroom' noises for a LONG time. Conner pushed him down the drive way on the bike as well. He LOVED it. He has always hated wearing a helmet (we have tried when he rides the four-wheeler), but lately he loves to wear it. So, don't think I am an over protective parent...and I make him wear it when he walks down the sidewalk!

Conner claims that he has never been to a fair (besides the derby). When we took Nixon, Luke, and Tanner to see the animals he thought it was the strangest thing. He didn't understand the whole ribbon thing, why there were different colors, and how the animals could even be judged. He hated the dirt and he hated the smell. I guess county fairs are a bit of a cultural shock for Mr. Seattle Boy. 

And then there was the derby. Oh how we LOVE the derby. In fact, my nephews have declared that the derby is BETTER than Disneyland. I would turn it down a notch...a BIG notch, but it is still pretty dang fun. Nixon really enjoyed it too. Last year I was walking around with him the entire time because he was crying, so it was nice he now actually enjoys it!



Yesterday Nixon had his first real play date. Is that pathetic? He is 17 months old and has never had a PLAY DATE.What kind of mother am I? Anyways, we went to the park and to the Willow Zoo with Miss Ava. She is a bit older than Nixon but he is a bit bigger than her. He was giving her hugs and kisses galore. He is such a charmer!
 

Nixon the ax murderer...I mean the Popsicle eater!
Yesterday I mentioned to Conner how Nixon has never had a Popsicle. The poor kid is missing out on so much in life! We gave him one when we were outside playing. I took all of his clothes off and I am so glad I did. He was a MESS but he was in heaven.

Geejus
We have a picture of Jesus that we can see everytime we go up or down the stairs. I have pointed to the picture a few times to Nixon and I'll say, "That's Jesus". Lately, we don't have to say anything and every time we pass the picture he will say "Geejus". It is the sweetest thing!

4 comments:

julee said...

kylee, that is the cutest hat i've ever seen on a toddler & that county fair shirt is fab!

wait, you know tiffany morris?

A bit about our little family... said...

haha thanks jules! And Tiffany Morris went on a date with my brother-in-law to the derby. She seems like a very nice girl. She said she knew you!

preston. shawnee. cohen. said...

I love all your pictures of Nixon, Kylee! The popcicle ones are priceless :) Oh and Cohen loves Jesus pictures to and does the same thing! It must be this age? Cause I have another friends whos baby is the same age and does it too. Anyway, it's the cutest thing ever.
We're glad you guys came up last night, and we're glad you've started hanging out with us too! You and Connor are such a fun couple and a great addition :)
Also, thank you again for putting that link to my shop on here. I can track which websites I am getting views from... and I'm getting quite a few from you!!!

Crissa Whiting said...

Nixon is soo cute! He is going to be quite the little charmer. I always see him giving loves in pictures! That is so awesome! You and your family are adorable Kylee!
love ya girl!