Friday, August 20, 2010

All About NIXON!


I have a problem with comparing Nixon to other babies. "This baby says Mississippi...should Nixon be saying that?" You know...stuff like that. Although he is not going to be winning the spelling or speaking at General Conference anytime soon, I think he is sure coming a long.  I am trying to not compare him so much and I really do realize every baby does things at their own pace. Right?
Well, I thought I would officially document the words that Nixon can say. It may not be clear to you, but I've got special ears. I KNOW what he is saying. We even hold hour long conversations...it is that good. : P


*BULIMAHHHH ("Mommy...you look SO pretty today)
*MUAHPSRAD ("Mommy...can I please have chicken nuggets, strawberries, and juice for lunch? Thank you. Ps. I love you!")


Okay okay....now for real. ( I will spell them correctly because if I try to spell them how he SAYS them...it might be a bit difficult for both ME and YOU.)


  • BAMPA
  • DRINK
  • NANA (THAT ONE I CAN DO..."BANANA"
  • NIGHT NIGHT
  • JESUS
  • MAMA
  • DADA
  • DOG
  • BOY
  • OWIE
  • BALL
  • BUBBLE
  • BOOK
  • VROOM VROOM
  • BIKE
  • MAAAMA (GRANDMA)
  • SHOES
  • NO (SHAKES HIS HEAD NO)
  • YESH (YES...MY FAVORITE!)
  • RUN RUN RUN
  • ONE, TWO, THREE (He isn't actually making those sounds, but he think he is!)
  • HI
  • BYE
  • BEEPER (His belly)
  • EYE (when he points to his eye)
  • UH OH!

Ugh I think that is all I can remember for right now....He does pretty good when we tell him to say something...most of the time he can copy us. He also understands a lot more lately. Such as...

  • Where is daddy?
  • Sit down
  • Do you want to go outside? (he'll walk to the door and try to open it)
  • Want to go swimming? (pull out his swimming suit and swim diaper)
  • Let's get in the tubbies! (walks to the bathroom)
  • You want some nummies? (Drops what he is doing and goes to the kitchen)
  • Let's go bye bye (Drops what he is doing and heads for the door)
  • Come here
  • NO NO! (HE KNOWS WHEN HE IS DOING SOMETHING HE SHOULDN'T...BUT HE STILL DOES IT AND WATCHES ME OUT OF THE CORNER OF HIS EYE....OR GOES FOR WHATEVER HE IS DOING SLOWLY, AS IF THAT WOULD HELP HIM GET AWAY WITH IT.)

Once again...that is all I can think of for now...


Nixon is a pretty good boy MOST of the time. Some of the things he does that he KNOWS he is not suppose to is...
  • Pull my hair
  • pinch (I know...17 months old and he is pinching. I have no idea how he knows to do this but it is sad! Don't worry other mommies who I see with children, he doesn't do this often)
  • Pulls my clothes off the shelves in my closet or pulls our shirts and pants off the hangers.
  • unrolls the toilet paper. This is his FAVORITE thing to do. 
  • throws things that he shouldn't...for example our cell phones.
  • Opens the toilet and outs things in there. YUCK!
  • Tries to grab our sunglasses off of our face.
  • Goes for the computer, dvd, remotes...anything he shouldn't!

Nixon loves...
  • riding his bike (he can do that all day!)
  • Playing outside
  • Going for walks
  • Suckers (mommy HATES them, but every time we go to the bank or Old Navy...even the gym, he ends up with a sucker in his hand. People don't even bother secertly asking me first. I put on a smile and say "Oh thank you! (NOT)" knowing I will soon have a son who is sticky from head to toe.
  • baths
  • taking clothes in and out of the washer and dryer
  • Watching Mickey Mouse Club House, Pooh, Yo Gabba Gabba, and whatever else I find that can keep him entertained.
  • He LOVES his binky. (My mom is strict about this so I have tried to do good with him not having it. My mom told me once he hits 1 it should be gone. Well thanks to her and the week Nixon stayed in Nephi his binky is no longer...EXCEPT naps, bedtime, long car rides, and restaurants. haha I AM TRYING! Since Nixon knows he can only really have his binky when he goes to bed...he will sit in his crib for a long time JUST so he can have it. I will go and get him after his nap and he will shake his head no. He honestly won't let me get him out of bed. I keep going in to get him and when he is ready he will pull his binky out and stand up and reach for me. What a nut!
  • FRUIT!! strawberries, bananas, black berries, blue berries, watermellon, grapes. He is a fruitaholic.
  • Oatmeal...each morning he has TWO packets of quaker oatmeal. He LOVES the fruit and cream flavor.
  • He loves when we get down and play with him. He laughs and laughs and has so much fun. Lately he climbs on us if we are laying down and bounces up and down. Ya, it hurts...but at least he is having fun right?!
  • He likes when I read to him at night. He will usually get a book and come sit on my lap. But if he decides he is tired while I am reading he will close the book, stand up, grab his blanket, point to his bed and say "nigh nigh". :)
  • Nixon pushes his Mickey train outside, a shopping cart downstairs, and another thingy ma-jig that he can push upstairs. He LOVES pushing things. He will even try to push his stroller and shopping carts.
  • He LOVES to swim. Each time we go he truly thinks he can swim all by himself. He tries to wiggle his way out of our arms. If he is walking along the side of the pool he will sit down and climb in all by himself. It is a little scary, but he has never gone in without us there to catch him yet. He really loves it when his daddy takes him down the slide. I have a few times, but I get to scared I will flip over on him or drop him. :( 
  • He LOVES kids! Each time he sees a little kid he walks over to them and gives them the biggest hug! It is the CUTEST thing. I hope other parents don't mind.
  • Nixon loves to whine. He whines and whines and whines. Most of the day he is pointing at something and whining, pulling me towards something and whining. He just plain out WHINES. It is his language. He is good at it.
  • When Conner and I are eating something...Nixon ALWAYS wants what he have. We can no longer enjoy an ice cream while we are out for a drive without one of us sitting in the back sharing with him. 
  • He loves BALLS and think that if something is round then it is a ball. A watermellon...BALL BALL BALL!!! If we are at a store and he sees a ball, he goes CRAZY until it is in his hands. We were at the Gap the other day and there was a basket full of balls. I was busy looking at clothes and my sweet husband was in lala land (Conner? No...) Anyways, I look over to find Nixon throwing everyone of those balls OUT of the gap into the main hall part of the mall. There I was chasing down 10 balls and not doing it quick enough. As soon as I had a ball in the basket before I turned around it was back out in the hall. Oh joy! 
  • Nixon LOVES going to the park. Mostly swinging. He will swing from sun up to sun down. If only his mommy would let him.
  • He loves to push around his cars saying, "vroom...vroom"
  • Whenever we take a shower he CRIES until he can get in with us. So, almost every time we are showering he is sitting in the tub playing!
  • He thinks he can eat ALL by himself...which pretty much he can. He has to eat with a fork. He does pretty well with it. If I put food in front of him without a fork he throws up his arms and whines until I get him a fork. Yesterday I gave him banana pieces, and he went to grab it with his finger...he didn't like the mushy feeling so he had to wait until he had a fork. He also likes to drink out of our cups with a straw.
  • Nixon LOVES water bottles. If there is a water bottle in sight he HAS to have it. We were at the Willow Zoo and a lady had a water bottle in her hands...Nixon walked right over to her and tried to grab it out of her hand! 
  • He likes to stand on the couch so he can reach the light and he will turn it off & on, off & on.....
  • HE LOVES HIS BLUE BLANKIES!!!! LOVES LOVES LOVES them. I have three now that are all pretty similar because that way I can keep them clean better. But he knows there is three and likes to have all three whenever he can. He first got the "original" blanket from his Uncle Karson & Aunt Linzy when they visited him in the hospital.
  • Nixon LOVES to be tickled! He has the cutest giggle in the world. However, when Conner is tickling me or popping my toes (so I am making a loud noise or screaming) he will get the biggest frown on his face and start crying. It is so cute because it is almost like he is trying to protect me!
  • He does pretty well with car rides, but something fun that he has done lately is whenever we arrive to where ever we may be going and start the car he will throw up his arms and say "YEA!!!"

Needless to say Nixon has been such a fun addition to our family and ALWAYS keeping us on our toes. 
He is at such a fun age where he is learning new things everyday.
He makes me laugh ALL the time.   
I am so excited to see the changes Nixon continues to make in his growth, but at the same time it makes me so sad that he changes so quickly and is always going from one stage to the next. 
We love him like crazy and could not imagine our lives without him. 
NIXON,WE LOVE YOU BUDDY BOY!!!

4 comments:

Natalie Curtis said...

I love all these pictures!! I think it's so awesome that you write posts like these :) It will be so fun to go back and read them someday! And I'm not a mother, but I definitely think kids learn at there own pace, so don't worry :)

paige and jord said...

yay kylee- i found the blog :)
we will definitely have to keep in touch. and p.s. i love that little frame with him holding the letters of his name. such a cute idea! oh ya, and love the camping pictures... i might have to steal one or two from you, cause you were WAY better at documenting it then me ;)

Karleen said...

I have to say you are the blogging Queen. I wish I wrote more on my blog. I know I wish I would have in the future. Keep it up I love checking out your blog. Nixon is such a little cutie pie.

julee said...

just stopping by to let your sweet ovaries know that i read every time you update... maybe one day my blog will be up to date.