Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Summer Wrap Up

Am I really titling my post that?
I could have sworn that summer was just around the corner,
and we were SO excited for the break.
I don't even remember having a break.
How could it come and go so darn quickly? 

A couple of weeks ago our home teachers invited us over for a BBQ. After we ate we played a game of Frisbee Golf which by the way I SUCK at! It was a fun night and nice to get to know our ward members better. The only embarrassing part was that Nixon started choking and I started bawling. That's normal...right? ;)


Conner and I LOVE yummy (greasy) American food. One of our favorite (well our only favorite) place here in Logan that we like to go to for burgers & fries is La Beaus. Nixon likes his grilled cheese but thinks he has to eat it with a fork. What a goober. He also refuses to drink out of his sippy cup if we have a drink on the table. The funny picture of Conner was when he was getting after me for snapping so many pictures! =]

Nixon has been getting better at being more independent and being able to play without me right by his side. He has even left the room to go to his room, or down stairs a time or two by himself which is a HUGE shocker! I was able to make dinner and let him play by me, without any whining and it was *bliss*. But the things he does to keep entertained sure do make me laugh! He's a goof ball!

We waste way too much water at our house. Really, it is disgusting. Nixon has to take his bath with the water running the entire time so he can play in it. By the time he is done bathing, the water is FREEZING and his lips are blue. I'm too much of a softy to turn the water off and have him cry it off for a couple of minutes. I just like when he is happy! Question. When do you moms find time to take a shower/bath? If I take a shower while Nixon is awake, then he just freaks out and tries to climb in the shower. So now what we do is...start the bath and he plays until it gets a good amount of water in it, then I climb in and turn on the shower. He plays with his toys until I am done (washing him too). When I am done I'll get out and turn the bath water back on and he sits in the tub and plays why I get ready. It works out rather nice. But, what do YOU do? 

We have a weakness. Spoon Me. Yes the cuddling kind, but that isn't what I am talking about. I am talking about Spoon Me the FROZEN YOGURT kind. The only bad thing is that it is pretty pricey...so we usually have to limit ourselves to going once a week. Thursday August the 26th was a very special day for Spoon Me and I. It was KYLEE day. Yep, that is right...Kylee. It is such a coincidence that my name just so happens to be Kylee too, so because of that I got a FREE spoon me. Oh how I LOVE free.
On a much cheaper yet refreshing note we also love snow cones! But it has to be the good kind. You know, with ice cream at the bottom and half & half drizzled on top. We love it so much that we strongly dislike sharing. This is a problem because the little guy that always tags along with us does not like when we have a snow cone in our hands and we don't give him at least half the cup. Ugh...it is annoying! One of us always has to sit in the back seat to share. Well, that's how it USE to be anyways. Up until I have the most brilliant idea I've ever come up with! We ordered Nixon his very own snow cone, flavorless of course. Due to his small sized noggin he was unable to figure that part out. He was thrilled to have his own, and of course WE were thrilled to have our own. Why couldn't we have thought of this sooner?

Speakin of that little handsome devil, don't you just want to LOVE him! I know I do. :)



Last week I got a text from my lovely sister in-law that you all know as Linzy. She asked what our plans were, and once I told her she said her and my brother were wanting to come stay with us in Logan. It was the happiest news! We were so excited to have them come stay with us!! They even had me try and actually ENJOY my first sushi roll! Thanks for coming guys, you are always welcomed! :)

Speakin' of visitors...it didn't stop there! Since my dad coaches Juab hs football and there was a game in N. Summit we decided to make the trip there to watch the game. It was very rainy, but still a lot of fun...especially with a big WIN. Nixon sat with my mom most of the game, but he kept spotting my dad on the field and would say "Bampa" and try to wiggle his way out of Grandma's arms to make his way to Bampa. It was pretty cute! After the game my parents and nephews (Luke & Tanner) came followed us home to Logan. We always get so excited when we get visitors. We sure kept busy between playing on the river walk, playing the wii, painting, swimming, bowling, and eating! It was a fun weekend and we were sure glad to have them. Conner and I spoke in sacrament that Sunday, so it was nice to have them in our visit our ward...especially to help with Nixon while we talked. 

 Nixon was so-o pooped when we got home. There is something so precious about a sleeping baby. It always puts a huge smile on my  face.

I put a little "back to school" gift together for my nephews...the were excited about it for the first 3 minutes, then on to the Wii they went!
It is so nice having the river trail right by my house, what are we ever going to do when it starts getting cold again?

Speaking of cold weather, this was the last swim of the summer we were able to get in before it got TOO cold. It was nice having my family here to go with us and help us use up the rest of our punch passes! Luke braved the steep slide, so Bampa took us bowling and for shakes afterwords! Mr. Nixer LOVES swimming. He is our little fish! He likes to go under water, but it is usually for a split second. This time they put him under until his feet touched the bottom of the pool, he always came out with a huge smile. Luckily we have a membership at sports academy so we can still take him swimming in the indoor pool, he just has way to much fun to have it stop now!

4 comments:

Anna Lee said...

thank you kylee

Lyns said...

Do you want me to tell you what is so wonderful about a sleeping baby?? They aren't moving, they're quiet, and they look darn cute. :) You guys look like you have so much fun! Nixon is SOOOO cute! I love the pictures of Tanner and Luke playing the WII in their undies. Too adorable. What a great aunt you are!

Connie said...

Love the zombie that looks like me in the last picture!

Stefanie D. said...

I am officially commenting since I "came out" as one of your blog stalkers. LOL. You are such a good blogger! Posting lots of pictures and remembering all the fun details. Ahhh, if only I could be as good as you! Love your blog. :) Your little guy is SOOO cute!