Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Daily Doings!

 Life has gotten good for Nixon lately, actually GREAT for Nixon! I have been watching our neighbor a few times a week and Nixon seriously LOVES her so much! He wakes up in the morning saying her name, and wakes up from his nap doing the same and looking around the house for her. He gets so excited when she is here. I VERY willingly volunteered myself to watch her because I knew it would be so nice for Nixon. As for myself, I get some good laughs out of those two, and I am actually able to get a few things done around the house without having Nixon attached to my hip. We are very happy to have G come spend the day with us!!
They LOVE taking baths and can stay in the bath for hours if I'd let them. I have learned to lay down towels covering everything because if not the entire floor will be one huge puddle! Their favorite thing to do is dump water on each other.





Snack time!!


They love watching Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and dancing to the Hot Dog song at the end!

The morning starts with all of Nixon's toys nicely organized and put away, but at the end of the day it turns into this!!


This little girl is a climber!! She cracks me up, Nixon has never been a climber so I have learned I've always got to keep my eyes on her! Today she climbed on top of the soap holder in the bathroom, it made me pretty nervous!!


Not sure why they get a kick out of throwing all of the books OFF the shelves, but for some reason they do!





Chasing each other around the house is something they do ALL the time!!


Sometimes G will look out of the window looking for her Mom. She points to everyone walking by saying, "I found my mommy!"


     School started YESTERDAY. :S Conner actually has a pretty sweet schedule too! He only has class for an hour each day on Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, & Friday which also means he can still keep is work schedule. I am taking two online classes which I LOVE because that means no more going on campus and more being home with my baby! We are so anxious to finish school and move on with life, but until then we have to just keep on keepin' on!

     To keep me feeling like a productive mommy/wifey I have started to try to force myself interested in cooking! I have found over 50 recipes that I am actually looking forward to making. I have even planned out the meals I will make for the month of January. Can you say go getter or what?! ha! Since I just started with that I have only made one of those meals so far...Creamy Lionhouse Chicken Noodle Soup. And yes I will say it was quite delicious! :) 
     Another thing that I just recently started doing to keep ME feeling good and happy is a weekly craft day each Friday afternoon. We are in the middle of a Valentine's craft which has made me realize that I STRUGGLE at making things look 'pretty'! 



     Conner is working hard with work and now school. He is also a gym rat which is good because that is WHY I spend 4 hours a week working in the kids club (it is a trade membership). I love his dedication to work hard. He is such a great helper at home and Nixon totally adores his daddy! Every since we got Nixon a basketball hoop, all he wants to do is play with his Daddy. Conner decided to bring the basketball hoop downstairs so he can 'play' and watch football at the same time! haha! 


Conner is the onion cutter in our house! He thought my glasses might help this time, but they didn't do much. We are thinking of buying some goggles. When I brought the idea up he said, "I bet that is what cooks wear in restaurants!" This boy will think and believe anything!!!

If you know Conner pretty well then you will know he is ALWAYS getting a bloody nose. He thought it would be funny to put tissue in Nixon's nose too. Lets not do that EVER again!


     As for Little Nickel...man oh man he is ALWAYS making me laugh, go crazy, and really really love him all at the same time. How in the world is that even possible? He has been a big time Mommy's boy and wants to be held or at least have my attention directed on him at all times. I should love it but sometimes it gets a bit frustrating, is that bad to admit? When he looks at me with his big sad brown eyes my heart always melts immediately and I forgive him for whatever crazy thing he has done. His new thing lately is to throw EVERYTHING. When he is done with his sippy cup or food he will throw it across the room. So much for no spill sippy cup, that is the biggest load of crap I have every heard!  On the airplane he threw anything that was in his hand at the people sitting in front of him. Talk about two hours of hell. I wish that was the end of it but it's not. Sacrament, yep every time never fails he will throw anything and everything. Last Sunday it was a sippy cup, his pluto toy, gold fish, crayons, and I am sure I left something out. How do you teach a boy when it is and isn't okay to throw things because this kid NEEDS that lesson!! Not only does he throw things, but he has a bad hitting habit. Yikes! Conner (the bad guy) will put him into 'time out' for a minute or two when he does something he isn't suppose to. When he comes out Conner will say, "Nixon what do you say?" and his response always makes us laugh but we have to hold it under our breath. The way he says sorry is the sweetest thing in the world. He says it more like "arie". One funny thing that happened at Church last week was Nixon burping the LOUDEST burp I have every heard from that little guy. The bad thing about it was that it was in the middle of the Sacrament. Even the bishop laughed. We were sitting on the back row and afterwords everyone told us how funny it was and they knew it had to be Nixon. How did they know? His poor reputation is shot to pieces!
   Although he is a little stinker he is also the sweetest little boy! He LOVES giving people kisses rather if he knows you or not. Oh, and it HAS to be on the lips! He is such a loving boy and we are so blessed to have him in our family and to be blessed enough to raise him as our son! Love you little nut cake! 
First Ramen noodle experience.

Nixon's weird thing is to mix different foods together. His yogurt here has some tortilla chips mixed in. YUM Nixon!

One day I sat him on the stairs like this to see what he would do. Think of it as being funny, not mean. He was pretty scared and would not move AT ALL!



He is fascinated with looking out the window. This time he found a big blue tractor out front!

Not sure why it wouldn't rotate, BUT this is what I see when I look down quite a bit. A baby wanting his mommy to hold him!! BAD!


Sorry for the novel but it has been awhile since my last "journalish" post!
 

1 comment:

preston. shawnee. cohen. said...

Oh how fun! I should totally bring Cohen over one day so he could have some playmates! He's love it.... so is it okay that I'm inviting myself? ha.
Kylee you are so sweet. Thanks so much for your cute message on my blog, it really made my day! Although I can't completley agree.... I have many areas I need to improve on... dinner being one of them! So maybe we can exchange some recipes now??? And we should craft too :)