Monday, January 3, 2011

Holy December!

HOLY COW!!! I can't believe December is O.V.E.R! For me, I look forward to this time of year ALL year long it seems. Then, when it comes it is gone before I can even take it all in! I think the reason being how ridiculously busy we always are going here and there! It is all worth it, and in the end we've got some great memories. Well, I've got almost a full months worth of catch up so here's for another humongo post!!

*PARTY HARDY*

I am almost certain we have more parties in a months worth of time than we do in an entire year. What a better way to enjoy the holidays than spending it with family and friends!

Our first part was our ward Christmas party. Our bishop and his wife provided the delicious prime rib, garlic mashed potatoes, salad, and mmm mmm good cheesecake! Is it sad that I remember exactly what we had when it was almost a month ago? Kinda. 


Nixon has a lot of people in our ward to give him the attention he LOVES. He had so much fun going around to each table and giving them high fives, or just annoying playing with everyone. There is only a few kids in our ward so  he is pretty spoiled.



The 'ADULT' party...
 Uncle Tony and Aunt Kristy held a pretty dang fun Christmas party at their home on the 9th of December. I even remember the menu here as well, steaks, salad, baked potatoes, and lots of desserts! Thanks to me (haha) that funnest part of the night was the games! The guys in my family are not much gamers, and the aunts are talkers...so I wasn't sure if this would really go down. But if you know me, I like things to go how I want them too, SO I forced the guys into playing and taped the aunts mouths shut and the games began. Luckily, everyone had a lot of fun and some good laughs going. I think we even had to pull out the depends for some of the older ones who couldn't stop laughing! Ha! kidding!



It never fails, poor Conner is always the last one at the dinner table.


Grandma Red

Bampa

Aunt Melinda

Aunt RaNae

Linzy

Shakin' my groove thing!

Christmas Conveyor Belt


Cliff Hanger, Kars & Linz


Shayda & Grandma

Yes, I know I am extremely festive. That's how I roll!


Uncle Beau & Launey

Uncle Tony
Linzy

Aunt DeAnn & Uncle Kevin





  Kay Christmas Party
This family never stops partying! Two days later we had our Kay Christmas party. Same ol' party every year. We thought Nixon would be a little iffy with Santa this year, he was a little hesitant at first, but he warmed up and sure loved HoHo. Especially the present part...











Christmas in Seattle
This year it was our turn to celebrate Christmas in Seattle. Conner couldn't get much work off so we flew in late Wednesday night and came back home the Sunday after Christmas. It was so fun to be back there and see everyone. We hadn't seen our niece Charlie since July, so we were really excited to see her. Between Nixon chasing the dog and playing with Charlie he was always off in his own
world. One of the highlights of the trip was being able to talk with Conner's brother, Austin, who is serving a mission in Texas. It was fun to be able to skype with him so he could see everyone and we could see him. He was shocked by how big and blond Nixon is. He's got one more year to go!  We had a great Christmas and did a lot of relaxing and chatting the entire trip. Thanks Rick and Micci for a wonderful Christmas!
Nixon opening his Christmas jammies from Grandma Red before we headed to the airport.


Nixon and Aunt Lauren while driving around looking at Christmas lights.

Daddy didn't make Nixon too happy when he was playing with Nixon's hair.

Do you think he needs a haircut?

Nixon and Charlotte on Christmas eve. It just so happened that the Pj's G-ma Red got Nixon matched Charlie's! Grandma Micci was so excited because she looked every for a 2T, but couldn't find one, so in the end the had their matching Christmas jammers!







This little gadget is how Zeke woke up Conner, Nixon, and myself on Christmas morning.


Nixon immediately saw his bike and had to have it up and running before we could do anything else!.

Opening the Christmas package from Uncle Austin.

The 3 scrooges putting together Nixon's bike.

Yay! It is finished!





Nixon talking to Uncle Austin.

Hi Uncle Austin!!

Playing with cousin Charlie. Yes- pretty much the entire trip they were in jammies! Nothing wrong with that....






Hello cutie!


Christmas Round Two
I did not find it a very good idea to pack all of our Christmas present to Seattle, so we decided to hold off and have our Christmas a little later. Conner didn't work on the Wednesday after Christmas, so we waited until then. My mom was in Logan for the week to celebrate with us! It was actually pretty fun to have Christmas again, that way it doesn't end so quickly!! 
I thought Nixon would be really fun this Christmas with all of his presents. Let's just say it wasn't like I had imagined...I pretty much had to open every gift of his. He would get too entertained with one present so he wouldn't care about anything else he had gotten. He seemed happy with his matchbox cars and football, I am not sure why we didn't just stop there and give him a 10 dollar Christmas! haha! Although he does like playing with all of his toys, I am crossing my fingers that next year he will be a little more enthusiastic.
Notice Mr. Claus SLEEPING while Mrs. Claus got everything ready for the morning. What a sport!



Hmm that's weird, Nixon and Daddy's stockings looks like they are packed tight. I think Mr. Claus forgot Christmas this year! haha!!

He'll be comin' round the corner when he comes!

First look at his presents!








Nixon's annual Christmas present from his cousins, an ornament. Each year they get an ornament made to fit what they did that year. Nixon's was a little blonde headed boy riding on a trike. Perfect!






Merry Christmas!!!!

4 comments:

Anna Lee said...

I'am trying to leave a comment again. I love seeing the pictures they make my day.

Anna Lee said...

It worked.

Anna Lee said...

I laughed and laughed at Nixon holding Charlie by the Christmas tree. Google made me give my life history before the comment worked.

Karleen said...

Holy post. Your family is so fun. your house looks really cute. You have done a great job. I love that green shirt on you. LOL!