Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Early Birthday Get Together!

It has always been a joke in my family that when it is my birthday the celebration and 'benefits' last the entire month of January (and sometimes longer!). Not that I am at ALL old (in fact I feel TOO young), but it does seem that the older I get the more it becomes less and less of a big deal. I was just telling all my family how I want to be the good ripe age of 23! For some reason I feel embarrassed when people ask how old I am and I only get to come back with a wimpy little 21.  22 is better, but oh how next year will be brought in with welcomed arms! 
Now on to the get together...
My mom called to tell me the girls in the family were making there way up to the Cheesecake factory to meet me for my birthday. I am usually the one ALWAYS up for anything going on, but I had to turn them down at first. The good wife in me was excited about Conner's day off due to the holiday, so it made me hesitant to leave him. After my mom did some talking, the "ladies party" became a "2 guys and some ladies party". I am so glad we went because not only is the Cheesecake Factory my favorite place it was also so much fun to see me fam. It had been ONE long month plus some since I had last seen them!
We ate some yummy food and did a little shopping at the mall. All in all it was a great day!! 

On the drive there Conner and I found it pretty funny how Nixon managed to throw all five of these objects one right after the other into the same general spot. The bad thing about those shoes is he can take them off by himself too easily. It was a really bad thing when we were walking around Nordstroms and he took off his shocks and shoes to surprise everyone with his nicely painted toenails. (I promise I am taking them off today!)

Nixon says his four cousins names honestly probably about 10 times a day out of no where. You can imagine the excitement when he was able to see two of them, Ehee (Ellie) and baby (Madden).


The crew...





I was spoiled BIG time with such a great present!! My mom teaches a Pantry Secrets bread making class and it has gotten everyone in the entire family baking their own bread. Well, everyone that is but me. I have not even been taught how! Soon I am going to have a class here in Logan so I can really learn how, but until them my mom printed off the directions for me and everyone gave me all that I needed to make the bread, including my very own BOSCH! Thank you thank you thank you!!!! 
I was silently thinking to myself, "Oh crap, where do I even begin!" haha!

The "secret" ingredient





Don't they look so cute? I couldn't resist...even if they are going to only wear them for 5 minutes until they are lost or broken, they had to be purchased!







And for everyone to see, this picture will not come off until my sis decides to update her blog...but she is still a stinkin dang cute 9 month pregnant woman right?! Love ya sis!

2 comments:

Lyns said...

So you're going to love your Bosch. I love mine almost as much as my 2 children. :) Lucky girl. Nixon is so dang cute! And I think it's good that you're blackmailing your sister. How am I supposed to stay caught up on her and her family clear in Las Vegas if she doesn't update her blog? Just sayin'. Do you hear this Kaydee????

Stefanie D. said...

When I first got married, at the ripe old age of 18, I used to feel the same way about my age. Like almost embarassed when people would ask me how old I was. Because they would always make a big deal about it! Like, "Oh your so young!" But, I eventually stopped carring, and since I passed up my 21st birthday, I really don't look forward to getting older! LOL. By the way...I love your blog. :)